They got the goods
August 12, 2014
Kent Grant and Rick Launius, class of 1965 Nevada Union graduates and lettermen, competed in the Western Regional Senior Softball Tournament Aug. 6 in Lincoln.
Grant and Launius play on a Central Valley AA softball team called, "Damaged Goods," who went on to win the Western Regional Championship defeating the California Buds in two straight games.
Next up for Damaged Goods is a trip south to a Las Vegas Tournament in late September. There they will play the Eastern Regional Champions, "Chicago Hit Men."
In February, Damaged Goods will head to the east coast and play in the Senior Softball Tournament of Champions in Lakewood, Florida for a National championship.
Trending In: Sports
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- INDYCAR: Q&A with reigning Indy 500 champ Alexander Rossi
- YOUTH TENNIS: Junior players earn doubles title at USTA tourney in Elk Grove
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say