Team Squaw headed to Copper Mountain
February 3, 2014
Olympic Valley, Calif. – Squaw Valley's snowboardcross and skicross team, "Team Squaw," is traveling to Copper Mountain, Colo., to compete in the NorAm USSA Hole Shot Cross Tour, today through Thursday.
Copper Mountain will be the first of three stops on the tour.
"We have 12 incredibly talented athletes competing in the USSA Hole Shot Tour. We've trained hard and are expecting some strong finishes," said Head Coach Mort Nyberg
Team Squaw will have three compete in the men's snowboardcross, with Ryan Murphy, Nicholas Osadchuk from Truckee, and Tyler Guenter from Nevada City, along with three in the women's snowboardercross, with Colleen Healey of Holderness, N.H., Celine Holland of Penn Valley, and Shannon Ronnfeldt of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
They will be joined by Team Squaw's four men's skicross athletes, Nicolo Monforte of Olympic Valley and Reno, Grant Ketels, Jake Brunson and Thomas Hayward. Tania Prymak of Goshen N.Y., and Charlotte Skinner of Duluth, Minn., will join the women's skicross athletes competing with riders from around the country.
Squaw Valley snowboardcross and skicross have one of the only ski training programs in the U.S. for athletes striving for the U.S. Ski Team. The Hole Shot Cross Tour is designed to bridge the gap between grassroots and World Cup level for snowboardcross and skicross. The event brings athletes together from across the country to identify the top juniors in the sport. The top juniors qualify for Junior World Championships and World Cup events from the USSA NorAm Hole Shot Tour.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claw way to tourney title
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball