July 29, 2014
The Nevada County Country Club’s Summer Tuesday Night Golf League wrapped up last week, with the championship going to the “Golfaholics” team of Bobby Blackmon and Dan Neff.
Each team played two members every Tuesday night in a nine-hole match play format to score points.
The Golfaholics finished the 13-week series with 119 points to claim the title. The “Old Guys Rule” team took second with 110 points.
Old Guys Rule members included Bill Fisher, Ted Callison, Jerry Westfall and Jim Beardsley (as a substitute).
Team “DANDIE” (Dar Chehrazi and Andy Wittek) grabbed third place with 109 points, followed by “The Supes” in fourth with 106 points, scored by team members Bob Brueggeman, Jay Colvin, Shaun and Mike Ruddy.
The next Tuesday night league starts on Aug. 5 runs through September. The league is open to any golfer with an established handicap. For more information, please call Mike Rademaker, NCCC pro/manager at 530-273-6436.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping