July 29, 2014
The Nevada County Country Club's Summer Tuesday Night Golf League wrapped up last week, with the championship going to the "Golfaholics" team of Bobby Blackmon and Dan Neff.
Each team played two members every Tuesday night in a nine-hole match play format to score points.
The Golfaholics finished the 13-week series with 119 points to claim the title. The "Old Guys Rule" team took second with 110 points.
Old Guys Rule members included Bill Fisher, Ted Callison, Jerry Westfall and Jim Beardsley (as a substitute).
Team "DANDIE" (Dar Chehrazi and Andy Wittek) grabbed third place with 109 points, followed by "The Supes" in fourth with 106 points, scored by team members Bob Brueggeman, Jay Colvin, Shaun and Mike Ruddy.
The next Tuesday night league starts on Aug. 5 runs through September. The league is open to any golfer with an established handicap. For more information, please call Mike Rademaker, NCCC pro/manager at 530-273-6436.
Trending In: Sports
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- YOUTH TENNIS: Junior players earn doubles title at USTA tourney in Elk Grove
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Josh Roenicke having strong season in Mexico
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival