Stampede to offer skills school
October 15, 2013
The Gold Country Stampede Lacrosse Club is ramping up for an exciting season ahead.
The club offers team play for players from second grade on up through high school. Registration is currently underway at gcstampede.com. Register today for the fastest sport on two feet. Never played and wondering what this exciting sport is all about? This weekend, the club will begin offering a series of fall skills school workshops for all who are interested in trying the sport for the first time and those who are returning back to the game. Classes will be held on Saturdays, starting this Saturday at the Nevada Union High School field from 10 a.m.- noon for new players and 10:30 a.m. – noon for returning players. Ten skills school sessions will be offered. All facets of the game will be taught by trained and experienced coaches. Players will learn a variety of stick skills including cradling, shooting, groundballs, passing and catching. The first session is free, six two-hour sessions cost only $65, and a loaner stick is provided.
If interested in learning more about the fall skills school or registering, you can check it out at gcstampede.com or contact the skills school coach Lex Matteini at 530-205-5751.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location