Stampede land 3 players on All-League team
May 11, 2013
The Gold Country Stampede garnered three All-League selections in the North Division of the Northern California Junior Lacrosse Association.
Senior captains Luke Agness and Zane Weinberger, along with junior midfielder and faceoff specialist Ryan Owen, led the team during the Stampede's run for the playoffs and were rewarded with recognition from the other coaches in the division.
Agness was an almost-unstoppable offensive force during the season and twice scored 10 goals in a single game.
Weinberger was the center of the Stampede defense, which played strong all year and held two teams scoreless during the season. Agness and Weinberger have also excelled academically and are currently ranked No. 2 and No. 3 in their senior class.
This coming fall, Agness plans to attend the University of Virginia, and Weinberger plans to attend Swarthmore College in Pennsylvania.
Owen dominated faceoffs during the year, controlling ball possession, and also played outstanding midfield offense and defense.
The Gold Country Stampede will be offering skill schools during the summer for new players and returning players. Also, look for opportunities to play lacrosse at Samba Soccer later this summer. For information, visit http://gcstampede.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- YOUTH TENNIS: Junior players earn doubles title at USTA tourney in Elk Grove
- INDYCAR: Q-and-A with reigning Indy 500 champ Alexander Rossi
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Josh Roenicke having strong season in Mexico