Softball: XTREME take second in Folsom, earn spot in SD tourney
July 2, 2014
The Nevada County Girls Softball Association's 12U XTREME earned an invitation to the Western Nationals in San Diego after placing second at a tournament in Folsom. The team has excepted the invite and will represent Nevada County softball at the elite tournament July 11-13.
The XTREME are comprised of Julia Vaughan, Emree Nau, Alayna Fassler, Justice Lewis, Reese Wheeler, Vanessa Enriquez, Gabriella Enriquez, Claire Schad, Michelle Gonzales, Michelle Modglin, Kendall Hughes, Grace van Winkle, Danielle Schnitzius. Katrina Ecke and Sequoya Swearingin. The team is coached by Kenneth Vaughan, Eric Fassler, Mike Modglin and Christine Cox.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union blanked by Bulldogs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Nora Pizzella helps Chico State XC to 2nd place finish in Washington
- IN THE WAKE OF THE WEEK: Humphers now in the 200 club; NBA hoops coming soon
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River rallies late, edges Foothill for 1st league win (VIDEO)
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Lady Miners enjoying best season in years, set to face Rocklin on Pink Night