Softball: XTREME take second in Folsom, earn spot in SD tourney
July 2, 2014
The Nevada County Girls Softball Association's 12U XTREME earned an invitation to the Western Nationals in San Diego after placing second at a tournament in Folsom. The team has excepted the invite and will represent Nevada County softball at the elite tournament July 11-13.
The XTREME are comprised of Julia Vaughan, Emree Nau, Alayna Fassler, Justice Lewis, Reese Wheeler, Vanessa Enriquez, Gabriella Enriquez, Claire Schad, Michelle Gonzales, Michelle Modglin, Kendall Hughes, Grace van Winkle, Danielle Schnitzius. Katrina Ecke and Sequoya Swearingin. The team is coached by Kenneth Vaughan, Eric Fassler, Mike Modglin and Christine Cox.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- CROSSFIT: Shaun Havard, Will Havard gear up for 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair