Softball: XTREME take second in Folsom, earn spot in SD tourney
July 2, 2014
The Nevada County Girls Softball Association’s 12U XTREME earned an invitation to the Western Nationals in San Diego after placing second at a tournament in Folsom. The team has excepted the invite and will represent Nevada County softball at the elite tournament July 11-13.
The XTREME are comprised of Julia Vaughan, Emree Nau, Alayna Fassler, Justice Lewis, Reese Wheeler, Vanessa Enriquez, Gabriella Enriquez, Claire Schad, Michelle Gonzales, Michelle Modglin, Kendall Hughes, Grace van Winkle, Danielle Schnitzius. Katrina Ecke and Sequoya Swearingin. The team is coached by Kenneth Vaughan, Eric Fassler, Mike Modglin and Christine Cox.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bear River bests Lincoln on Senior Night
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Nora Pizzella shines as member of Chico State XC team
- PREP FOOTBALL: Granite Bay knocks off Nevada Union, 34-21
- PREP FOOTBALL: Colfax beats rival Bear River, 31-14
- OBITUARY: John “Jack” Robert Hughes leaves unifying legacy