Softball: Bruins fall to Eagles in extras
March 27, 2014
The Bear River Lady Bruins dropped their second game of the season, losing 5-3 in nine innings at home to Vista del Lago.
Arielle Koerber threw the first three inning for the Lady Bruins allowing four hits and three runs. Nerissa Long threw the final six innings, allowing seven hits and two runs.
After falling behind 3-0, the Lady Bruins rallied to tie the game and send it to extra innings, but a pair of runs in the top half of the ninth by Vista del Lago sealed the game for the Lady Eagles.
For Bear River Mikayla Laymance led the way from the plate with three hits, and long added two hits including a double in the loss.
The Lady Bruins are now 7-2 overall and take on Whitney Monday before Pioneer Valley League play starts Thursday with Center.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- PREP WRESTLING: 2 Bruins claim DIV championships
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers