Softball: Bruins fall to Eagles in extras
March 27, 2014
The Bear River Lady Bruins dropped their second game of the season, losing 5-3 in nine innings at home to Vista del Lago.
Arielle Koerber threw the first three inning for the Lady Bruins allowing four hits and three runs. Nerissa Long threw the final six innings, allowing seven hits and two runs.
After falling behind 3-0, the Lady Bruins rallied to tie the game and send it to extra innings, but a pair of runs in the top half of the ninth by Vista del Lago sealed the game for the Lady Eagles.
For Bear River Mikayla Laymance led the way from the plate with three hits, and long added two hits including a double in the loss.
The Lady Bruins are now 7-2 overall and take on Whitney Monday before Pioneer Valley League play starts Thursday with Center.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance