Snowboarding: NU girls shred competition at Squaw Valley
February 9, 2013
The Nevada Union girls snowboard team shredded the competition in the slalom event Monday at Squaw Valley, taking three of the top five spots to beat out Tahoe-Truckee High School and North Tahoe High School.
Drew Bernadett led the Miners with a second-place finish with a two-race combined time of 42.7 seconds. Bernadett was just 0.6 seconds behind first-place finisher Ruby Wood of Tahoe Truckee.
NU's Celine Holland finished fourth overall with a time of 44.72, and Faith Robichaud was fifth with a time of 49.36.
Morgan Shade placed 15th for NU with a time of 55.03, and Michaela Haemmig rounded things out for the Miners, finishing 21st overall.
On the boys side, the Miners were led by Andrew Scarafiotti's 11th-place finish with a time of 47.21. Phillip Breaux finished in 15th in a time of 48.67, NU's Luca Innocenti placed 29th, Bradley Carrion was 30th, Billy Watters placed 31st, and Trent Jarvis came in 33rd.
Placer's Jacob Peek came in first in the boys event with a time of 40.97.
The boys placed fifth as a team behind top finisher Placer, second-place Davis, third-place Tahoe-Truckee and fourth-place Colfax.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- NORDIC SKI: Lady Miners place 2nd at state championships
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian boys fall to Sac Adventist; FLC girls gear up for 2nd round mathcup with Valley Christian