Snowboarding: Nevada Union takes 2nd at Sugar Bowl
January 16, 2014
The Nevada Union snowboard team went to Sugar Bowl Monday for their first competition of the season, and while the conditions were less than ideal, the Miners handled their business.
Racing slalom on a nearly snowless mountain, the Lady Miners finished first, the boys team took fourth and as a whole Nevada Union capped the day in second.
Leading the Lady Miners was Celine Holland with a two race combined time of 33.51 seconds, which was 6 seconds faster than the second place finisher.
Not far behind Holland was Faith Robichaud, placing third in the girls competition with a combined time of 39.08. Michaela Haemmig (46.51) placed ninth for NU, Sophie Smith (49.02) came in 14th and Zoe Favor (1:10.8) rounded things out in 20th.
On the boys side NU's best time was turned in by Alex Fitandes who placed 13th with a time of 39.29. Fellow Miner Luca Innocenti was right behind Fitandes, placing 14th with a time of 39.69. Bradley Carrion was the next NU boarder with a time of 40.82, placing him 19th.
Nevada Union will hope for better boarding conditions Monday when they travel to Boreal.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River girls hit stride in playoffs
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumnus Tanner Vallejo gears up for NFL Combine
- PREP ROUNDUP: Bear River’s Carpenter earns 5th at Masters, advances to state competition
- YOUTH BASKETBALL: Local shooters shine at the charity stripe
- IN THE WAKE OF THE WEEK: Kings remove cancer; Lakers shake it up