Slow Spokes offer weekly rides in western Nevada County
January 15, 2014
Slow Spokes is a sub group of the Sierra Express Bicycle Club, and at least once a week, when the weather is nice, they gather for a fun and leisurely ride in western Nevada County.
Today they will meet at 10 a.m. at the "Park and Walk lot" adjacent to the Chicago Park Post Office.
All are welcome, no rider left behind, helmets required, but no Lycra required. If you have a bike, but haven't been on it much and would like to join a group out for fun not speed, this is your group.
Some days there are just a couple of riders. Other days – a bunch. If you can't make the ride posted this week there will be one next week and every week for as long as the weather stays nice.
For more information check them out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/nevadacountybikes.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- CROSSFIT: Shaun Havard, Will Havard gear up for 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville