Slow Spokes offer weekly rides in western Nevada County
January 15, 2014
Slow Spokes is a sub group of the Sierra Express Bicycle Club, and at least once a week, when the weather is nice, they gather for a fun and leisurely ride in western Nevada County.
Today they will meet at 10 a.m. at the "Park and Walk lot" adjacent to the Chicago Park Post Office.
All are welcome, no rider left behind, helmets required, but no Lycra required. If you have a bike, but haven't been on it much and would like to join a group out for fun not speed, this is your group.
Some days there are just a couple of riders. Other days – a bunch. If you can't make the ride posted this week there will be one next week and every week for as long as the weather stays nice.
For more information check them out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/nevadacountybikes.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River girls hit stride in playoffs
- PREP WRESTLING: Bear River’s Danieli, Carpenter set for Masters
- YOUTH BASKETBALL: Local shooters shine at the charity stripe
- IN THE WAKE OF THE WEEK: Kings remove cancer; Lakers shake it up
- PREP PLAYOFF ROUNDUP: Bear River tops Calaveras, advances to semifinals
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say