Sierra TrailBlazers to offer free running clinic
March 20, 2013
The Sierra TrailBlazers Running/Walking Club's mission is to promote and encourage walking, jogging and running as a healthy activity to include in life's busy schedule.
The club is offering a free clinic to help interested parties train for a 5K (3.1 miles) or 10K (6.2 miles) walk or run. From high school students to adults, this program is designed with the beginner in mind, or as refresher for those getting back into the sport. No prior experience is required.
At 6 p.m. Monday, the local running store, Trkac, will be sponsoring an inspirational 'Kickoff Night' where we'll explain all the basics.
Participants will learn about proper clothing, the benefits of good shoes, fueling, hydration and more.
Trkac is located in the Kmart shopping center next to the 'Afternoon Deli'.
At 6 p.m. April 1 Sierra TrailBlazers will start the eight-week program at the Nevada Union High School track. The club will provide trainers and individualized programs tailored to participants personal needs.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier