Sierra TrailBlazers to offer free running clinic
March 20, 2013
The Sierra TrailBlazers Running/Walking Club's mission is to promote and encourage walking, jogging and running as a healthy activity to include in life's busy schedule.
The club is offering a free clinic to help interested parties train for a 5K (3.1 miles) or 10K (6.2 miles) walk or run. From high school students to adults, this program is designed with the beginner in mind, or as refresher for those getting back into the sport. No prior experience is required.
At 6 p.m. Monday, the local running store, Trkac, will be sponsoring an inspirational 'Kickoff Night' where we'll explain all the basics.
Participants will learn about proper clothing, the benefits of good shoes, fueling, hydration and more.
Trkac is located in the Kmart shopping center next to the 'Afternoon Deli'.
At 6 p.m. April 1 Sierra TrailBlazers will start the eight-week program at the Nevada Union High School track. The club will provide trainers and individualized programs tailored to participants personal needs.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom