Sierra TrailBlazers to offer free running clinic
March 20, 2013
The Sierra TrailBlazers Running/Walking Club's mission is to promote and encourage walking, jogging and running as a healthy activity to include in life's busy schedule.
The club is offering a free clinic to help interested parties train for a 5K (3.1 miles) or 10K (6.2 miles) walk or run. From high school students to adults, this program is designed with the beginner in mind, or as refresher for those getting back into the sport. No prior experience is required.
At 6 p.m. Monday, the local running store, Trkac, will be sponsoring an inspirational 'Kickoff Night' where we'll explain all the basics.
Participants will learn about proper clothing, the benefits of good shoes, fueling, hydration and more.
Trkac is located in the Kmart shopping center next to the 'Afternoon Deli'.
At 6 p.m. April 1 Sierra TrailBlazers will start the eight-week program at the Nevada Union High School track. The club will provide trainers and individualized programs tailored to participants personal needs.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- CROSSFIT: Shaun Havard, Will Havard gear up for 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial