Sierra TrailBlazers to offer free running clinic
March 20, 2013
The Sierra TrailBlazers Running/Walking Club's mission is to promote and encourage walking, jogging and running as a healthy activity to include in life's busy schedule.
The club is offering a free clinic to help interested parties train for a 5K (3.1 miles) or 10K (6.2 miles) walk or run. From high school students to adults, this program is designed with the beginner in mind, or as refresher for those getting back into the sport. No prior experience is required.
At 6 p.m. Monday, the local running store, Trkac, will be sponsoring an inspirational 'Kickoff Night' where we'll explain all the basics.
Participants will learn about proper clothing, the benefits of good shoes, fueling, hydration and more.
Trkac is located in the Kmart shopping center next to the 'Afternoon Deli'.
At 6 p.m. April 1 Sierra TrailBlazers will start the eight-week program at the Nevada Union High School track. The club will provide trainers and individualized programs tailored to participants personal needs.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County