Sierra TrailBlazers to offer free running clinic
March 20, 2013
The Sierra TrailBlazers Running/Walking Club's mission is to promote and encourage walking, jogging and running as a healthy activity to include in life's busy schedule.
The club is offering a free clinic to help interested parties train for a 5K (3.1 miles) or 10K (6.2 miles) walk or run. From high school students to adults, this program is designed with the beginner in mind, or as refresher for those getting back into the sport. No prior experience is required.
At 6 p.m. Monday, the local running store, Trkac, will be sponsoring an inspirational 'Kickoff Night' where we'll explain all the basics.
Participants will learn about proper clothing, the benefits of good shoes, fueling, hydration and more.
Trkac is located in the Kmart shopping center next to the 'Afternoon Deli'.
At 6 p.m. April 1 Sierra TrailBlazers will start the eight-week program at the Nevada Union High School track. The club will provide trainers and individualized programs tailored to participants personal needs.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River girls hit stride in playoffs
- PREP WRESTLING: Bear River’s Danieli, Carpenter set for Masters
- YOUTH BASKETBALL: Local shooters shine at the charity stripe
- IN THE WAKE OF THE WEEK: Kings remove cancer; Lakers shake it up
- PREP PLAYOFF ROUNDUP: Bear River tops Calaveras, advances to semifinals