RUNNING: Run for the Community set for Saturday
June 1, 2017
KNOW & GO
What: 11th annual Run for the Community 5K/10K
When: Registration opens 7 a.m., race starts 8:30 a.m. Saturday
Where: Twin Cities Church, 11726 Rough & Ready Highway, Grass Valley
The Run for the Community 5K/10K is set for Saturday, marking the fifth stop of the 2017 season for the Gold Country Grand Prix.
Race director John Fairchild, who started the race more than a decade ago, said the event is a way for people to experience the Twin Cities Church faith community, raise funds for worthy causes and have fun.
"For us it's about getting people here and experience our faith community as well as raising funds," he said. "All of our funds go to community needs. We work with single moms, elderly and at risk youth."
In addition to a 5K, 10K, 5K walk and a free kids run, the Run for the Community features a free pancake breakfast, a live band, custom awards and more, said Fairchild.
The race gets started at 8:30 a.m. Saturday at Twin Cities Church in Grass Valley. The course will take participants on a loop through the church parking lot, then along Rough & Ready Highway and Ridge Road to the Alta Street turn around and back to the church. The 10K course will consist of two laps of the same course.
Race day registration will be available at Twin Cities Church before the start of the race.
For more information about the event visit http://twincities.church/events/run-for-the-community or call Yolanda at 530-273-6425.
To contact Sports Editor Walter Ford, call 530-477-4232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- MOTO: Local rider Anson Maloney gears up for International Six Day Enduro race in France
- FORD: A look back at the Sacramento Kings’ best and worst draft day decisions
- CYCLING: Riekert wins mens pro race at 57th annual Nevada City Classic
- CYCLING: 57th annual Nevada City Classic will feature 2 days of events, festivities
- IN THE WAKE OF THE WEEK: Burns skates off with Norris Trophy; Iguodala to test free agency
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Shortage of construction workers in Nevada County reaching critical levels
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case