Royston, Foothill Gold win Sacramento Association title, headed to nationals
June 19, 2013
Grass Valley local Gabi Royston, playing with the Foothill Gold ASA 12U girls softball team, helped her squad win the Sacramento Association Championship and advance to National ASA Championships in Chattanooga Tenn.
Royston pitched five innings in the championship game and added two RBIs from the plate. The Foothill Gold beat Team California 9-2 to claim the tourney title.
Royston's team won all six games in the tournament, and she saw action on the mound in two other games and played first base as well.
The national championship will include the top 100 teams from across the country and will be played the final week of July.
Royston will be an eighth grader at Magnolia Middle School next school year and has played softball for seven years on local teams before making the Foothill Gold team this year.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. Deadline for submissions is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP PLAYOFF ROUNDUP: Bear River tops Calaveras, advances to semifinals
- PREP WRESTLING: Bear River’s Danieli, Carpenter set for Masters
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- PREP WRESTLING: Q&A with NU’s Cole Johnson
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana