Royston, Foothill Gold win Sacramento Association title, headed to nationals
June 19, 2013
Grass Valley local Gabi Royston, playing with the Foothill Gold ASA 12U girls softball team, helped her squad win the Sacramento Association Championship and advance to National ASA Championships in Chattanooga Tenn.
Royston pitched five innings in the championship game and added two RBIs from the plate. The Foothill Gold beat Team California 9-2 to claim the tourney title.
Royston's team won all six games in the tournament, and she saw action on the mound in two other games and played first base as well.
The national championship will include the top 100 teams from across the country and will be played the final week of July.
Royston will be an eighth grader at Magnolia Middle School next school year and has played softball for seven years on local teams before making the Foothill Gold team this year.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. Deadline for submissions is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- PREP SOFTBALL: Bear River Lady Bruins bring hot bats into next round of playoffs
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claw way to tourney title
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball