Royston, Foothill Gold win Sacramento Association title, headed to nationals
June 19, 2013
Grass Valley local Gabi Royston, playing with the Foothill Gold ASA 12U girls softball team, helped her squad win the Sacramento Association Championship and advance to National ASA Championships in Chattanooga Tenn.
Royston pitched five innings in the championship game and added two RBIs from the plate. The Foothill Gold beat Team California 9-2 to claim the tourney title.
Royston’s team won all six games in the tournament, and she saw action on the mound in two other games and played first base as well.
The national championship will include the top 100 teams from across the country and will be played the final week of July.
Royston will be an eighth grader at Magnolia Middle School next school year and has played softball for seven years on local teams before making the Foothill Gold team this year.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. Deadline for submissions is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bear River bests Lincoln on Senior Night
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Nora Pizzella shines as member of Chico State XC team
- PREP FOOTBALL: Granite Bay knocks off Nevada Union, 34-21
- PREP FOOTBALL: Colfax beats rival Bear River, 31-14
- OBITUARY: John “Jack” Robert Hughes leaves unifying legacy