Resolve 2 Run set for Jan. 1
December 20, 2012
Start the New Year off right with an early morning run that benefits a good cause.
Begin the year with resolutions to make healthy choices and fitness a part of your life and plan to participate in Resolve 2 Run Jan. 1 at 8:30 am.
This 5K and 10K run starts at the Chicago Park School and winds through the lovely Chicago Park area, historic Beirwagon’s orchards, past the Happy Apple Kitchen and returns to Chicago Park School for the awards ceremony.
With breathtaking landscapes and lovely trails and roads, this is one of the most beautiful places to run. The Resolve 2 Run is being put on by the Chicago Park 4-H Club in cooperation with the Chicago Park School PTA and the Peardale/Chicago Park Fire Department. The proceeds benefit the 100-plus youth in the Chicago Park 4-H club and the 139 students at Chicago Park School, as well as 11 volunteer firemen who serve our community.
For information, visit http://r2run.com/ for preregistration forms. Registration is also open the day of the run and begins at 7:30 a.m.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping