Resolve 2 Run set for Jan. 1
December 20, 2012
Start the New Year off right with an early morning run that benefits a good cause.
Begin the year with resolutions to make healthy choices and fitness a part of your life and plan to participate in Resolve 2 Run Jan. 1 at 8:30 am.
This 5K and 10K run starts at the Chicago Park School and winds through the lovely Chicago Park area, historic Beirwagon's orchards, past the Happy Apple Kitchen and returns to Chicago Park School for the awards ceremony.
With breathtaking landscapes and lovely trails and roads, this is one of the most beautiful places to run. The Resolve 2 Run is being put on by the Chicago Park 4-H Club in cooperation with the Chicago Park School PTA and the Peardale/Chicago Park Fire Department. The proceeds benefit the 100-plus youth in the Chicago Park 4-H club and the 139 students at Chicago Park School, as well as 11 volunteer firemen who serve our community.
For information, visit http://r2run.com/ for preregistration forms. Registration is also open the day of the run and begins at 7:30 a.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- CROSSFIT: Shaun Havard, Will Havard gear up for 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- SOFTBALL: Men’s fast pitch returns to Tahoe City
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (video)
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations (VIDEO)