Resolve 2 Run hopes to inspire healthy new year
January 11, 2013
Eighty-two runners resolved to start the New Year off on the right foot by participating in Resolve 2 Run.
The inaugural 5K walk/run and 10K run took place at Chicago Park School New Year's Day.
The run winded participants through the beautiful Chicago Park roads, on historical Beirwagons trails, and returned to the Chicago Park School for the award ceremony and breakfast.
Amos Crew was the fastest in the men's 5K, finishing with a time of 20 minutes and 59 seconds, and Jim Pelton finished first in the men's 10K with a time of 42:08.
Debbie Fairchild finished first in the women's 5K with a time of 27:00, and Michele Hughes took first in the women's 10K with a time of 52:13.
The run, which plans to continue next year, is about bringing the community together to make health and fitness a part of people's daily lifestyle and to support the Chicago Park 4-H, the Chicago Park School and the Peardale/Chicago Park Fire Department.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County