Resolve 2 Run hopes to inspire healthy new year
January 11, 2013
Eighty-two runners resolved to start the New Year off on the right foot by participating in Resolve 2 Run.
The inaugural 5K walk/run and 10K run took place at Chicago Park School New Year's Day.
The run winded participants through the beautiful Chicago Park roads, on historical Beirwagons trails, and returned to the Chicago Park School for the award ceremony and breakfast.
Amos Crew was the fastest in the men's 5K, finishing with a time of 20 minutes and 59 seconds, and Jim Pelton finished first in the men's 10K with a time of 42:08.
Debbie Fairchild finished first in the women's 5K with a time of 27:00, and Michele Hughes took first in the women's 10K with a time of 52:13.
The run, which plans to continue next year, is about bringing the community together to make health and fitness a part of people's daily lifestyle and to support the Chicago Park 4-H, the Chicago Park School and the Peardale/Chicago Park Fire Department.
Trending In: Sports
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- YOUTH TENNIS: Junior players earn doubles title at USTA tourney in Elk Grove
- INDYCAR: Q-and-A with reigning Indy 500 champ Alexander Rossi
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Josh Roenicke having strong season in Mexico