Quail Valley closes doors after 21 years
December 27, 2012
After 21 years of operation Quail Valley Golf Course on Old Auburn Road in Grass Valley has closed its doors.
The course owners were not available for comment, but a message left at the course's phone number stated that "Due to theft, vandalism and lack of play after 21 years we have closed. Thank you for your patronage."
Quail Valley Golf Course, known for its blind shot over an old barn on hole No. 9, offered a 9-hole course, driving range, club house and grill.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Lady Miners enjoying best season in years, set to face Rocklin on Pink Night
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Lady Miners sweep Rocklin on Pink Night (VIDEO)
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River, Colfax face off in critical league bout
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claim multiple tourney titles
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: Junior Miners start fast, top Rio Linda
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans