Quail Valley closes doors after 21 years
December 27, 2012
After 21 years of operation Quail Valley Golf Course on Old Auburn Road in Grass Valley has closed its doors.
The course owners were not available for comment, but a message left at the course's phone number stated that "Due to theft, vandalism and lack of play after 21 years we have closed. Thank you for your patronage."
Quail Valley Golf Course, known for its blind shot over an old barn on hole No. 9, offered a 9-hole course, driving range, club house and grill.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- CYCLING: Local cyclist Jonathan Baker wins National Hill Climb Championship
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Logan Lowe has strong 1st round at US Amateur Championships
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union grad Tanner Vallejo injured in preseason opener
- PREP FOOTBALL: Humphers returns to coaching, joins River Valley staff
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union grad Logan Lowe eliminated at US Amateur Championship
- Felony manslaughter filed in fatal Grass Valley ATV crash
- Housing crisis hits deep: Nevada County family struggles to find a place to live
- Terry McAteer: Rejecting endorsement of hatred, bigotry
- Caltrans talks Highway 49 concept: Center barrier, roundabouts on corridor
- General manager of Nevada Irrigation District clarifies comments about marijuana grows