Quail Valley closes doors after 21 years
December 27, 2012
After 21 years of operation Quail Valley Golf Course on Old Auburn Road in Grass Valley has closed its doors.
The course owners were not available for comment, but a message left at the course's phone number stated that "Due to theft, vandalism and lack of play after 21 years we have closed. Thank you for your patronage."
Quail Valley Golf Course, known for its blind shot over an old barn on hole No. 9, offered a 9-hole course, driving range, club house and grill.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville