Prep roundup: Nevada Union tops Roseville, FLC gets big win over Victory Christian
February 16, 2014
The Nevada Union girls basketball team clinched at least a share of the Sierra Foothill League title Friday, beating Roseville on the road, 61-41.
Senior Sydney Porter led the Lady Miners with 20 points, a season-high 10 steals and five rebounds. Senior Emma Peterson added 17 points, including five 3-pointers, and junior Sammy DeHart scored 13 point. Recently called up freshman Aycee Willis netted six in the win.
The Lady Miners (21-4, 9-0 SFL) conclude the season Tuesday at Del Oro. If NU wins they clinch their second outright SFL championship. If Del Oro wins the two share the title. The Lady Miners beat Del Oro, 71-50, at Albert Ali Gymnasium earlier this season.
Forest Lake Christian 37, Victory Christian 33
The Lady Falcons avenged an earlier loss to Victory Christian by beating the Lady Vikings Friday night at Forest lake Christian.
The win also secures a playoff spot for Forest Lake Christian (16-7, 6-4 Central Valley California League).
In the win, Emily Pearce and Lauren Piner led the way with 10 points each, and Josey Poppin added eight. Freshman Courtney John also added six points, four of which came at critical moments in the fourth quarter.
Forest Lake Christian takes the court again Tuesday night against Cristo Rey.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- YOUTH TENNIS: Junior players earn doubles title at USTA tourney in Elk Grove
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Josh Roenicke having strong season in Mexico
- AUTO RACING: 18th annual Mel Hall Memorial set for Saturday
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier