Prep roundup: Nevada Union softball battles it out at Pleasant Valley tourney
March 15, 2014
The Lady Miners' softball team played three games Friday, notching a pair of ties and a loss at the Pleasant Valley Softball Tournament in Chico..
Nevada Union ended up knotted at two apiece with Oroville, then tied Paradise, 4-4, and lost to Enterprise.
In the tie with Oroville, Alexis Deatrick started the game from the circle, pitching three innings with four strikeouts while allowing just two hits. Lacey Peternell finished up the game, allowing no hits and striking out four.
Savannah Ozuna went 2-for-3 from the plate, including a double. Torri Parman, Emma Zoellin and Peternell also tallied hits in the tie.
In the contest with Paradise, Deatrick pitched the whole game, throwing five innings before the time limit expired. Deatrick allowed five hits and struck out three.
Peternell shined at the plate, going 3-for-3 with a double and a run scored. Reid Smethers was 2-for-2 from the plate and also scored a run. Sarah Lundmark, Shyanne Parrish, Ozuna and Parman all added hits in the game.
In the final game of the day against Enterprise, Peternell pitched six innings, allowed six hits and struck out two.
Deatrick threw two innings, gave up two hits and struck out four.
Parman went 2-for-3 and scored a run, Peternell was 2-for-2 and Parrish added a triple and two-RBIs.
The Lady Miners (3-2-2) play two more today starting at 10:45 a.m. against Shasta.
Frosh: Nevada Union 14,
Yuba City 4
The Miners tallied 14 hits Friday at Yuba City as Nevada Union thumped the Honkers by 10.
Wyatt Curtis threw three solid innings for NU and Jonathan Weaver threw two scoreless innings in relief before the game was called due to the mercy-rule.
From the plate, Gary Menary went 3-for-4 with a single, double and triple and five RBIs. Andrew Link was 2-for-4 with three RBIs. Sam Hopper was 2-for-4 with two RBIs. Nick Whittlesey was 2-for-2 and Jarod Gobert had a sharpe single.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County