Prep roundup: Nevada Union softball battles it out at Pleasant Valley tourney
March 15, 2014
The Lady Miners' softball team played three games Friday, notching a pair of ties and a loss at the Pleasant Valley Softball Tournament in Chico..
Nevada Union ended up knotted at two apiece with Oroville, then tied Paradise, 4-4, and lost to Enterprise.
In the tie with Oroville, Alexis Deatrick started the game from the circle, pitching three innings with four strikeouts while allowing just two hits. Lacey Peternell finished up the game, allowing no hits and striking out four.
Savannah Ozuna went 2-for-3 from the plate, including a double. Torri Parman, Emma Zoellin and Peternell also tallied hits in the tie.
In the contest with Paradise, Deatrick pitched the whole game, throwing five innings before the time limit expired. Deatrick allowed five hits and struck out three.
Peternell shined at the plate, going 3-for-3 with a double and a run scored. Reid Smethers was 2-for-2 from the plate and also scored a run. Sarah Lundmark, Shyanne Parrish, Ozuna and Parman all added hits in the game.
In the final game of the day against Enterprise, Peternell pitched six innings, allowed six hits and struck out two.
Deatrick threw two innings, gave up two hits and struck out four.
Parman went 2-for-3 and scored a run, Peternell was 2-for-2 and Parrish added a triple and two-RBIs.
The Lady Miners (3-2-2) play two more today starting at 10:45 a.m. against Shasta.
Frosh: Nevada Union 14,
Yuba City 4
The Miners tallied 14 hits Friday at Yuba City as Nevada Union thumped the Honkers by 10.
Wyatt Curtis threw three solid innings for NU and Jonathan Weaver threw two scoreless innings in relief before the game was called due to the mercy-rule.
From the plate, Gary Menary went 3-for-4 with a single, double and triple and five RBIs. Andrew Link was 2-for-4 with three RBIs. Sam Hopper was 2-for-4 with two RBIs. Nick Whittlesey was 2-for-2 and Jarod Gobert had a sharpe single.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- PREP PLAYOFF ROUNDUP: Bear River tops Calaveras, advances to semifinals
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian boys fall to Sac Adventist; FLC girls gear up for 2nd round mathcup with Valley Christian
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana