Prep roundup: Nevada Union softball battles it out at Pleasant Valley tourney
March 15, 2014
The Lady Miners' softball team played three games Friday, notching a pair of ties and a loss at the Pleasant Valley Softball Tournament in Chico..
Nevada Union ended up knotted at two apiece with Oroville, then tied Paradise, 4-4, and lost to Enterprise.
In the tie with Oroville, Alexis Deatrick started the game from the circle, pitching three innings with four strikeouts while allowing just two hits. Lacey Peternell finished up the game, allowing no hits and striking out four.
Savannah Ozuna went 2-for-3 from the plate, including a double. Torri Parman, Emma Zoellin and Peternell also tallied hits in the tie.
In the contest with Paradise, Deatrick pitched the whole game, throwing five innings before the time limit expired. Deatrick allowed five hits and struck out three.
Peternell shined at the plate, going 3-for-3 with a double and a run scored. Reid Smethers was 2-for-2 from the plate and also scored a run. Sarah Lundmark, Shyanne Parrish, Ozuna and Parman all added hits in the game.
In the final game of the day against Enterprise, Peternell pitched six innings, allowed six hits and struck out two.
Deatrick threw two innings, gave up two hits and struck out four.
Parman went 2-for-3 and scored a run, Peternell was 2-for-2 and Parrish added a triple and two-RBIs.
The Lady Miners (3-2-2) play two more today starting at 10:45 a.m. against Shasta.
Frosh: Nevada Union 14,
Yuba City 4
The Miners tallied 14 hits Friday at Yuba City as Nevada Union thumped the Honkers by 10.
Wyatt Curtis threw three solid innings for NU and Jonathan Weaver threw two scoreless innings in relief before the game was called due to the mercy-rule.
From the plate, Gary Menary went 3-for-4 with a single, double and triple and five RBIs. Andrew Link was 2-for-4 with three RBIs. Sam Hopper was 2-for-4 with two RBIs. Nick Whittlesey was 2-for-2 and Jarod Gobert had a sharpe single.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold athletes shine at National Masters Track and Field Championships
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union volleyball great Ali Daley McColloch ready for new challenge
- GOLF: Music in the Mountains tourney turns 25
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton