Prep roundup: Nevada Union, Bear River golf drop league matches
March 27, 2014
The Nevada Union boys golf team is still trying to find its stroke after falling to Del Oro by nine, 202-209, Thursday.
Playing on their home course, Alta Sierra Country Club, the Miners were led by Logan Lowe with a one-over-par 37. Andrew Puleo was next for NU with a 39, Bradley Carrion and Derek Frank each shot a 44 and Max Heinzelman rounded things out with a 45. Corey Cezak finished with a non-scoring 50.
The loss drops NU to 0-3. The Miners will hit the links again Monday in Rocklin for the Rocklin Invitational.
Placer 220, Bear River 257
The Bruins were no match for Placer at the Lake of the Pines Country Club Thursday, falling to the Hillmen by 37 strokes.
Ian Armstrong led Bear River with a 45, Drew Cramer shot a 49, Chris Raigoza finished with a 52, Kris Edie tallied a 53 and James Lavelle closed things out with a 58.
The Bruins are back at it Tuesday when they host Colfax.
Nevada Union 2, Lincoln 2
The Lady Miners came back from a goal down to take a 2-1 halftime lead, but a late goal by the Fighting Zebras forced a draw in the non-league girls soccer match.
After Lincoln went up 1-0, NU's Christy O'Connor, with some great team work from Cacye Shaw, Delayne Graham, Makayla Wells and Ella Corbitt, found net with another follow-up goal by Amber Van Hecke.
Leading 2-1 with just seconds in, NU tried to weather the Zebra's herd rush, but in the stampede a ball made it in to tie the game.
NU keeper Emma Curtis had a stellar game and every NU player incorporated better technique throughout the match.
Nevada Union is now 4-1-4 and will resume play Tuesday against Rocklin.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws