Prep roundup: Migliozzi leaves mark at Stanford Invite
April 1, 2013
Nevada Union distance runner Garrett Migliozzi had another stellar outing Saturday, this time winning his heat and placing 14th overall in the boys 1-mile race at the Stanford Invitational.
Migliozzi’s time of four minutes, 22.17 seconds is a personal record for the junior runner. With the impressive finish, Migliozzi qualified to run at the Arcadia Invitational.
Eugene Hamilton III of Bishop O’Dowd had the fastest 1-mile time with an amazing 4:12.74. Ciaran Murphy of St. Ignatius was second in the 1-mile with a time of 4:16.26, and Tohaness Estifanos of Milpitas was third in 4:17.91.
The Stanford Invitational is a combined college and high school invitational with some of the top talent from all over the country showcasing their skills.
The Miners also had Colin Echols and their girls distance relay team compete in the high jump and distance medley, respectively.
Nevada Union has its first home duel meet Wednesday against Rocklin.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- PREP WRESTLING: 2 Bruins claim DIV championships
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers