Prep roundup: Migliozzi leaves mark at Stanford Invite
April 1, 2013
Nevada Union distance runner Garrett Migliozzi had another stellar outing Saturday, this time winning his heat and placing 14th overall in the boys 1-mile race at the Stanford Invitational.
Migliozzi's time of four minutes, 22.17 seconds is a personal record for the junior runner. With the impressive finish, Migliozzi qualified to run at the Arcadia Invitational.
Eugene Hamilton III of Bishop O'Dowd had the fastest 1-mile time with an amazing 4:12.74. Ciaran Murphy of St. Ignatius was second in the 1-mile with a time of 4:16.26, and Tohaness Estifanos of Milpitas was third in 4:17.91.
The Stanford Invitational is a combined college and high school invitational with some of the top talent from all over the country showcasing their skills.
The Miners also had Colin Echols and their girls distance relay team compete in the high jump and distance medley, respectively.
Nevada Union has its first home duel meet Wednesday against Rocklin.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- YOUTH TENNIS: Junior players earn doubles title at USTA tourney in Elk Grove
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Josh Roenicke having strong season in Mexico
- AUTO RACING: 18th annual Mel Hall Memorial set for Saturday
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier