Prep roundup: Lady Miners JV struggle against Las Plumas
April 16, 2013
NU softball struggles
against Las Plumas
The Lady Miners dropped to 4-10 overall Monday after falling to Las Plumas, 11-3.
Devinity Buendia led NU at the plate with a double and a run scored. Emily Sasville and Julie Riggs added base hits in the loss.
A bright spot for the Lady Miners was in the fifth inning when they turned their first double play of the season. Pitcher Bailey Kennedy fielded a grounder, fired it to shortstop Gracie Ramos who tagged second base then rifled the ball to Kendall Bivona at first to complete the 1-6-3 double play.
NU is back at it today against Rocklin.
— The Union staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County