Prep roundup: Lady Miners JV struggle against Las Plumas
April 16, 2013
NU softball struggles
against Las Plumas
The Lady Miners dropped to 4-10 overall Monday after falling to Las Plumas, 11-3.
Devinity Buendia led NU at the plate with a double and a run scored. Emily Sasville and Julie Riggs added base hits in the loss.
A bright spot for the Lady Miners was in the fifth inning when they turned their first double play of the season. Pitcher Bailey Kennedy fielded a grounder, fired it to shortstop Gracie Ramos who tagged second base then rifled the ball to Kendall Bivona at first to complete the 1-6-3 double play.
NU is back at it today against Rocklin.
— The Union staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws