Prep Roundup: Lady Miners clip Lady Falcons in JV matchup
December 27, 2012
The Nevada Union girls junior varsity basketball team used an early 14-4 lead to propel itself to a 46-28 victory over Colfax Thursday night in Albert Ali Gymnasium.
The Lady Miners jumped on the Lady Falcons early, grabbing a 10-point first-quarter lead. Colfax battled back, taking advantage of three Lady Miners being in foul trouble and holding NU to a mere five points in the second quarter.
In the third, the Lady Miners came out on fire, said coach Rexanne Simpton.
The Miners outscored Colfax 12-2 in the third and matched the Lady Falcons 15-15 in the fourth to earn the win.
Leading the Lady Miners was Grace Paye with 14 points and seven rebounds, Sarah Lundmark added 11 points and three rebounds, Callie Kraus chipped in 10 points, and freshman Ella Walton scored seven points in the win.
Nevada Union (8-5) takes the court again Saturday when it hosts Christian Brothers.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP PLAYOFF ROUNDUP: Bear River tops Calaveras, advances to semifinals
- PREP WRESTLING: Bear River’s Danieli, Carpenter set for Masters
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- PREP WRESTLING: Q&A with NU’s Cole Johnson
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana