Prep Roundup: Lady Miners clip Lady Falcons in JV matchup
December 27, 2012
The Nevada Union girls junior varsity basketball team used an early 14-4 lead to propel itself to a 46-28 victory over Colfax Thursday night in Albert Ali Gymnasium.
The Lady Miners jumped on the Lady Falcons early, grabbing a 10-point first-quarter lead. Colfax battled back, taking advantage of three Lady Miners being in foul trouble and holding NU to a mere five points in the second quarter.
In the third, the Lady Miners came out on fire, said coach Rexanne Simpton.
The Miners outscored Colfax 12-2 in the third and matched the Lady Falcons 15-15 in the fourth to earn the win.
Leading the Lady Miners was Grace Paye with 14 points and seven rebounds, Sarah Lundmark added 11 points and three rebounds, Callie Kraus chipped in 10 points, and freshman Ella Walton scored seven points in the win.
Nevada Union (8-5) takes the court again Saturday when it hosts Christian Brothers.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier