Prep Roundup: Lady Bruins top Placer
January 26, 2013
The Bear River girls basketball team bounced back nicely after a Wednesday loss to Colfax by beating Placer Friday night, 48-42.
Leading the Lady Bruins in victory was Teryn Rath with 10 points and 17 rebounds. Kaitlyn Reina added 15 points and pulled down six boards, Maddie Dunn scored six points and played strong defense, and Savannah Welz chipped in seven points.
Cindy Solomon also had an impressive game, said Bear River head coach Jeff Bickmore. Solomon scored five points but had zero turnovers as the Lady Bruins' point guard.
The Lady Bruins never trailed in the game and worked through early foul trouble to get the win, knotting things up at the top of the Pioneer Valley League with Colfax and Placer, which all boast a 2-1 record in league play.
Bear River (18-2, 2-1 PVL) takes the court again at 7 p.m. Tuesday when it hosts Center.
JV: Nevada Union 48, Granite Bay 29
The Lady Miners moved to 2-1 in Sierra Foothill League play Friday with a 19-point win blowout win over Granite Bay.
Jen Becker led NU with 12 points off the bench, freshman Ella Walton added eight points, and Grace Paye finished with seven points, seven rebounds and five steals.
The Lady Miners pick things up again Wednesday when they travel to face Del Oro.
Freshmen: Nevada Union 55, Granite Bay 26
Behind Audrey Jacus' double-double, the Lady Miners coasted past Granite Bay by 29 points.
Jacus finished with 15 points and 10 rebounds, Chelsea Rodriguez also grabbed 10 boards and added eight points, and Rachaiel McKnight led the defensive charge with nine steals. Emma Patterson added six points and grabbed six rebounds off the bench.
NU hits the court again Wednesday when it faces Del Oro.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- GOLF: Music in the Mountains tourney turns 25
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold athletes shine at National Masters Track and Field Championships
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union volleyball great Ali Daley McColloch ready for new challenge
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local