Prep roundup: Forest lake Christian tops Woodland Christian at Sleep Train Arena
January 14, 2014
The Forest Lake Christian boys basketball team got to play on the big stage Tuesday, facing Woodland Christian at the Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento.
The Falcons played a stellar game on the Sacramento Kings' court, toppling the 2013 Central Valley California League champion Cardinals, 77-61.
Leading the Falcons was Luke Jordan with 19 points. Christian Dethlefs added 16, Chase Augustino netted 14, and J.J. Griffiths chipped in 12 in the victory.
The win is the Falcons' sixth straight, their 14th overall, and they remain undefeated in CVCL play at 3-0. FLC is back at it Friday when it travels to face Cristo Rey.
Rocklin 83, Nevada Union 62
The Thunder offense put intense pressure on the Miners defense, and it led to a lopsided home win for Rocklin Tuesday night.
Recommended Stories For You
At the half, the Thunder led 43-25 with the majority of their points coming in transition. Rocklin's Vinnie Safin had the hot hand, scoring 18 points in the first half to give the Thunder a commanding early lead.
The Miners got strong performances from their sophomore backcourt with Mario Edwards scoring 15 and Jahn Chensee tallying 13 points, including four 3-pointers.
Nevada Union (6-12, 0-2 Sierra Foothill League) will take the court again Friday when it takes on Granite Bay.
JV: Rocklin 58, Nevada Union 50
The Miners trailed for much of the contest Tuesday night at Rocklin, falling behind by as many as 10 and closing to within four, but eventually fell to the Thunder by eight.
Chance Brown led Nevada Union with 21 points and 10 rebounds, Nick Ortiz added nine points, and Kross Korbett finished with eight points and five rebounds in his first game back after missing two due to injury.
The Miners (9-9, 0-2 SFL) will look to nab their first league win Thursday when they travel to face Granite Bay.
Bear River 79, Will C. Wood 18
The Bear River girls basketball team wrapped up its final tuneup before opening Pioneer Valley League play Friday, beating Will C. Wood Tuesday in Vacaville.
Senior point guard Lauren Runte led the Lady bruins with 15 points, Kaitlyn Reina added 10, Michelle Whiting put in nine, Savannah Wirth, and Michelle Taylor each scored eight, and Maddi Dunn finished with seven. Every active player scored for Bear River in the game.
The Lady Bruins (13-2) open PVL play Friday against rival Placer at Jack R. McCrory Gymnasium.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union falls to Rocklin in league opener (VIDEO)
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River runs over El Dorado, remains unbeaten
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon brings community together, raises funds to fight breast cancer
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bear River, Placer face off in league opener
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union volleyball tops Bear River in cross-county bout
- Dodge Dakota breaks through wall, sends child sprawling to the floor, mother says
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants