Prep Roundup: FLC falls at the hands of San Juan
December 20, 2012
After opening the season 8-0 and winning a pair of tournaments, the Forest Lake Christian boys basketball team has had its struggles. The Falcons have lost three straight, including Tuesday night's 85-64 loss to San Juan.
The Falcons were no match in the paint against the taller San Juan and that led to the Falcons getting crushed in the rebounding department, said FLC head coach Jason Camacho.
In the loss, Chase Augustino led the Falcons with a team-high 18 points, Brandon Camacho added 17 points and Charles Negus chipped in 10.
The Falcons (8-3) will look to find their winning way again Dec. 27 when they head to the Vacaville Christian Tournament.
JV: Bear River 60, Pioneer 40
Behind Ben O'Lena's 20 points, the Bruins took down Pioneer.
David O'Brien and Kyle Uclaray led the Bear River defense and tossed in 13 and 11 points respectively. Dave Maestrella was strong on the boards with 11 rebounds to go with 12 points.
JV: Forest Lake Christian 40, Foresthill 31
The Lady Falcons had three players in double figures as they defeated Foresthill by nine.
Andrea Lowry led FLC with 15 points, Daniella Toschi was right behind Lowry with 14 points, and Emily Negus rounded things out with 11 points.
The Lady Falcons (2-5) are off until Jan. 3 when they open league play against Sacramento Waldorf.
Trending In: Sports
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum