Prep Roundup: FLC blows past Victory Christian
January 23, 2013
The Forest Lake Christian Falcons are flying high with their third straight Central Valley California Leaguewin, defeating Victory Christian, 67-40.
The Falcons got a complete game from Brandon Camacho with 16 points, six steals, and six assists. Luke Jordan chipped in seven points and six assists, and Jesse Poppin dominated in the paint with 13 points and eight rebounds.
With the win the Falcons improve to 14-5 overall and 4-1 in the CVCL. FLC takes to the court again Friday when it takes on Delta.
JV: Rocklin 66,
Nevada Union 48
The Miners were neck and neck with Rocklin halfway through their Tuesday night game, but a third quarter let down by NU led to a 66-48 Thunder win.
Recommended Stories For You
The Miners trailed Rocklin by only two at half, 26-24, but that's when the Thunder got loud.
Rocklin hit five-of-six 3-point attempts and scored 29 points to the Miners' 14 in the third quarter. The Miners would never recover as they fell to a Sierra Foothill League opponent for the second time in as many tries.
Trevor Humphrys and Lukas Sweigart led NU with 14 points apiece, Daniel Carter added 10 and Toby Carter chipped in eight in the loss.
NU takes the court again Thursday when it hosts Granite Bay.
Freshmen: Rocklin 84,
Nevada Union 68
In a high-scoring affair the Miners just didn't have enough in the tank to outlast Rocklin.
The Miners struggled with turnovers and defense as they fell by 16 points at Albert Ali Gymnasium Tuesday night.
In the loss, NU's Jahn Chensee scored 16 points and Kross Corbett offered good energy off the bench, NU coach Guy Greever said.
The Miners (15-4, 0-2 SFL) will regroup and look to improve Thursday when they take on Granite Bay.
JV: Foothill 61, Bear River 46
The Bruins couldn't keep pace with the Mustangs Tuesday night, falling by 15 points at Jack R. McCrory Gymnasium.
In the loss, Bear River was led by Ben O'Lena with 15 points, and David O'Brien with 11.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union falls to Rocklin in league opener (VIDEO)
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River runs over El Dorado, remains unbeaten
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union opens Sierra Foothill League play at Rocklin
- PREP FOOTBALL: Undefeated Bear River travels to El Dorado for final non-league bout
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union volleyball tops Bear River in cross-county bout
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- UPDATE: I-80 re-opened after multi-vehicle wreck, fatality
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest