Prep Roundup: FLC blows past Victory Christian
January 23, 2013
The Forest Lake Christian Falcons are flying high with their third straight Central Valley California Leaguewin, defeating Victory Christian, 67-40.
The Falcons got a complete game from Brandon Camacho with 16 points, six steals, and six assists. Luke Jordan chipped in seven points and six assists, and Jesse Poppin dominated in the paint with 13 points and eight rebounds.
With the win the Falcons improve to 14-5 overall and 4-1 in the CVCL. FLC takes to the court again Friday when it takes on Delta.
JV: Rocklin 66,
Nevada Union 48
The Miners were neck and neck with Rocklin halfway through their Tuesday night game, but a third quarter let down by NU led to a 66-48 Thunder win.
The Miners trailed Rocklin by only two at half, 26-24, but that’s when the Thunder got loud.
Rocklin hit five-of-six 3-point attempts and scored 29 points to the Miners’ 14 in the third quarter. The Miners would never recover as they fell to a Sierra Foothill League opponent for the second time in as many tries.
Trevor Humphrys and Lukas Sweigart led NU with 14 points apiece, Daniel Carter added 10 and Toby Carter chipped in eight in the loss.
NU takes the court again Thursday when it hosts Granite Bay.
Freshmen: Rocklin 84,
Nevada Union 68
In a high-scoring affair the Miners just didn’t have enough in the tank to outlast Rocklin.
The Miners struggled with turnovers and defense as they fell by 16 points at Albert Ali Gymnasium Tuesday night.
In the loss, NU’s Jahn Chensee scored 16 points and Kross Corbett offered good energy off the bench, NU coach Guy Greever said.
The Miners (15-4, 0-2 SFL) will regroup and look to improve Thursday when they take on Granite Bay.
JV: Foothill 61, Bear River 46
The Bruins couldn’t keep pace with the Mustangs Tuesday night, falling by 15 points at Jack R. McCrory Gymnasium.
In the loss, Bear River was led by Ben O’Lena with 15 points, and David O’Brien with 11.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows