Prep Roundup: Beskeen scores 30, Bruins win
January 3, 2013
The Bear River boys basketball team overcame a double-digit fourth quarter deficit Thursday to take down River City, 47-45, at Jack R. McCrory Gymnasium.
After battling back from deficits as large as 13 to tie the game at 45-45, the Bruins had the ball with 18 seconds left to play.
Bear River ran an inbound play to Justin Beskeen who put in the game-winning bucket with :08 left on the clock. Beskeen led the Bruins with 30 points on the night.
Big plays from Tyler Hajewski along with Beskeen led to the thrilling come-behind-victory, said Bear River head coach Duwaine Ganskie. Hajewski finished with seven points.
Bear River (12-3) has one more non-league game left on the schedule and will take on Inkerdum Saturday in Sacramento.
Nevada Union 70,
Yuba City 61
The Miners made it two wins in a row Thursday, defeating Yuba City by nine to improve to 7-10 in non-league play.
The Miners had balanced scoring with five players putting in at least nine points. The Miner offense was led by Nolan Stefani with 13 points, including three 3-pointers.
Sean Zuccaro added six points, five assists and was clutch down the stretch with four made free throws.
Lucas Vojak and Elliot Fournier also pitched in strong games for Nevada Union.
Nevada Union gets a week off before opening Sierra Foothill League play, traveling to face Woodcreek Jan. 10.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts