Prep roundup: Bear River soccer falls to East Union in D-IV playoffs
May 20, 2014
One of the best season’s in Bear River girls soccer history came to a close Thursday as the Lady Bruins fell to East Union, 5-0, in the first round of the Sac-Joaquin Section D-IV playoffs.
“They were a little too much for us,” Bear River head coach Joe Giovacchini said of East Union. “They are on a whole other level.”
With the loss, the Lady Bruins conclude a season in which they won nine games, placed third in the Pioneer Valley league and earned the No. 8 seed in the playoffs.
Track & Field
FLC takes 3rd at Sierra Delta Meet
The Falcons track and field team took third place in both the boys and girls competitions Wednesday at a Sierra Delta League meet held at Golden Sierra High School.
Leading the boys team was Garrett Jones, who placed first in the 110-meter hurdles (17.21 seconds), first in the 300 hurdles (44.4), second in the 100 sprint (11.97) and second in the 200 sprint (23.71). Jones’ time in the 200 set a school record.
Sean Kadera also set a school record for FLC with a triple jump of 37 feet, ½ inch. He placed second at the meet.
On the girls side, Renee Taylor impressed with a first place finish in the 800 (3:03.4) and also finished first in the 3200 (14:30).
The Falcons will now gear up for the SDL final meet Wednesday.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts