Prep roundup: Bear River overcomes slow start, tops Foothill
January 29, 2014
The Lady Mustangs of Foothill gave the Bear River girls basketball team a scare Wednesday at Jack R. McCrory Gymnasium, threatening to hand the Lady Bruins their first Pioneer Valley League loss.
After a tightly contested first half ended with the teams knotted at 28, Bear River came out clawing in the third, outscoring Foothill 19-4 in the period and propelling the Lady Bruins to a 60-46 victory.
In the victory, Maddi Dunn scored a team-high 17 points to go with five steals. Senior post player Kaitlyn Reina added 16 points and grabbed eight rebounds, and fellow senior post player Teryn Rath scored 13 and pulled down seven boards in the win.
Bear River (17-2, 4-0 PVL) will hit the road Friday for a contest at Center.
JV: Foothill 42, Bear River 31
The Lady Bruins couldn't keep up with the Lady Mustangs Wednesday, falling by 11 points in the PVL matchup.
Bear River was led by Katelyn Solomon with 18 points. Melanie Jenkins led the defense and also netted seven points.
Frosh: Bear River 31, Foothill 17
The Lady Bruins improved to 3-1 in PVL play Wednesday, beating Foothill with an impressive defensive effort.
Alyssa Pulkinhorn led Bear River with 11 points, Katie Nat scored six and Vivian Hamilton added five in the win.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- FORD: A look back at the Sacramento Kings’ best and worst draft day decisions
- MOTO: Local rider Anson Maloney gears up for International Six Day Enduro race in France
- CYCLING: Riekert wins mens pro race at 57th annual Nevada City Classic
- INDYCAR: Alexander Rossi unveils new line of merchandise
- NBA DRAFT: Kings take De’Aaron Fox, Justin Jackson and Harry Giles in 1st round
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)
- Marijuana grow murder case in Nevada County judge’s hands