Pink Night center court at Nrvada Union girls volleyball game
October 15, 2012
At the girls volleyball game between Nevada Union and Woodcreek tonight there will be an abundance of pink. That's because tonight is Pink Night at the Albert Ali Gymnasium with proceeds from T-shirt and concession sales going to the Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital's Breast Imaging Center.
The event, organized by NU volleyball player Olivia McDowell as her senior project, will kick off at 6 p.m. with a short speech from McDowell as well as a ceremony to honor two breast cancer survivors. T-shirts will be available at the event and stations will be set up for those who wish to donate to the cause.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Logan Lowe has strong 1st round at US Amateur Championships
- CYCLING: Local cyclist Jonathan Baker wins National Hill Climb Championship
- PREP FOOTBALL: Breaking down Bear River’s 2017 schedule
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union grad Tanner Vallejo injured in preseason opener
- PREP FOOTBALL: Digging into the Miners’ 2017 schedule
- Felony manslaughter filed in fatal Grass Valley ATV crash
- Terry McAteer: Rejecting endorsement of hatred, bigotry
- General manager of Nevada Irrigation District clarifies comments about marijuana grows
- Housing crisis hits deep: Nevada County family struggles to find a place to live
- Jail inmate dies of suspected heroin overdose