Pink Night center court at Nrvada Union girls volleyball game
October 15, 2012
At the girls volleyball game between Nevada Union and Woodcreek tonight there will be an abundance of pink. That's because tonight is Pink Night at the Albert Ali Gymnasium with proceeds from T-shirt and concession sales going to the Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital's Breast Imaging Center.
The event, organized by NU volleyball player Olivia McDowell as her senior project, will kick off at 6 p.m. with a short speech from McDowell as well as a ceremony to honor two breast cancer survivors. T-shirts will be available at the event and stations will be set up for those who wish to donate to the cause.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County