Pink Night center court at Nrvada Union girls volleyball game
October 15, 2012
At the girls volleyball game between Nevada Union and Woodcreek tonight there will be an abundance of pink. That's because tonight is Pink Night at the Albert Ali Gymnasium with proceeds from T-shirt and concession sales going to the Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital's Breast Imaging Center.
The event, organized by NU volleyball player Olivia McDowell as her senior project, will kick off at 6 p.m. with a short speech from McDowell as well as a ceremony to honor two breast cancer survivors. T-shirts will be available at the event and stations will be set up for those who wish to donate to the cause.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws