Pink Night center court at Nrvada Union girls volleyball game
October 15, 2012
At the girls volleyball game between Nevada Union and Woodcreek tonight there will be an abundance of pink. That's because tonight is Pink Night at the Albert Ali Gymnasium with proceeds from T-shirt and concession sales going to the Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital's Breast Imaging Center.
The event, organized by NU volleyball player Olivia McDowell as her senior project, will kick off at 6 p.m. with a short speech from McDowell as well as a ceremony to honor two breast cancer survivors. T-shirts will be available at the event and stations will be set up for those who wish to donate to the cause.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- GOLF: Music in the Mountains tourney turns 25
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold athletes shine at National Masters Track and Field Championships
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union volleyball great Ali Daley McColloch ready for new challenge
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local