Pawlowski, Dreschler honored as top student-athletes
April 9, 2013
Nevada Union's Kendall Pawlowski and Forest Lake Christian's Josh Dreschler will each receive $600 in scholarship funds for being named A. Dale Lacky Award nominees.
Pawlowski competed on the Nevada Union swim and water polo teams for all four years. In water polo he won the Coaches Award as a senior, has earned scholar-athlete awards all four years and won Most Inspirational Athlete honors his sophomore year, as well as being all-league his sophomore and junior years.
Pawlowski volunteers for Salvation Army, the Children's Festival of Nevada City, American Cancer Society, Hospice of the Foothills and the Lions Club of Grass Valley. He has a 4.24 GPA and will attend UC Santa Cruz. He plans on majoring in engineering or design architecture with a future career goal of being in one of those fields.
Dreschler is a four-year competitor on the Falcons' league champion tennis team and has played on the basketball team since his sophomore year. He's been on the honor roll and a member of the California Scholarship Federation for all four years. Dreschler is also a member of the choir and participates in drama productions as well as being the chapel coordinator for the FLC student council. He volunteers at his church as a Bible study leader and also travels to Mexico for mission trips. Dreschler has a 4.09 GPA, which ranks him No. 2 out of a class of 49. He will attend California Baptist University, where he will major in pre-medicine and hopes to go into that field.
The award, named after former section and state CIF President A. Dale Lacky, recognizes the top male and female student-athletes within the section. The scholarship committee has selected four male and four female students as the recipients of a $1,000 scholarship. The remaining nominees are awarded a $600 scholarship from the section.
This year the CIF Sac-Joaquin Section announced the A.Dale Lacky Award would distribute $33,800 in scholarship funds going to 48 student-athletes.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Josh Roenicke having strong season in Mexico
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier