NU wrestlers win 5 medals
January 17, 2013
The Nevada Union wrestled in two tournaments Saturday and came back with five medalists.
The Miners' varsity grapplers took seven kids to the Armijo Invitational in Fairfield with Keaton Richards taking a hard-fought second-place finish and Kashe McHugh coming away with third place. The junior varsity squad also took seven wrestlers to Foothill High School in Sacramento with Tristan Santos finishing in second place, Matt Johnson taking fourth and Caleb Patterson earning the sixth-place medal.
An outbreak of the flu hit the squad earlier this week, resulting in only half of the team's wrestlers competing. NU's wrestling team will try to stay undefeated in Sierra Foothill League competition as it heads down to Woodcreek Wednesday.
Trending In: Sports
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- PREP SOFTBALL: Bear River Lady Bruins bring hot bats into next round of playoffs
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claw way to tourney title
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later