NU wrestlers win 5 medals
January 17, 2013
The Nevada Union wrestled in two tournaments Saturday and came back with five medalists.
The Miners' varsity grapplers took seven kids to the Armijo Invitational in Fairfield with Keaton Richards taking a hard-fought second-place finish and Kashe McHugh coming away with third place. The junior varsity squad also took seven wrestlers to Foothill High School in Sacramento with Tristan Santos finishing in second place, Matt Johnson taking fourth and Caleb Patterson earning the sixth-place medal.
An outbreak of the flu hit the squad earlier this week, resulting in only half of the team's wrestlers competing. NU's wrestling team will try to stay undefeated in Sierra Foothill League competition as it heads down to Woodcreek Wednesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home