NU wrestlers win 5 medals
January 17, 2013
The Nevada Union wrestled in two tournaments Saturday and came back with five medalists.
The Miners' varsity grapplers took seven kids to the Armijo Invitational in Fairfield with Keaton Richards taking a hard-fought second-place finish and Kashe McHugh coming away with third place. The junior varsity squad also took seven wrestlers to Foothill High School in Sacramento with Tristan Santos finishing in second place, Matt Johnson taking fourth and Caleb Patterson earning the sixth-place medal.
An outbreak of the flu hit the squad earlier this week, resulting in only half of the team's wrestlers competing. NU's wrestling team will try to stay undefeated in Sierra Foothill League competition as it heads down to Woodcreek Wednesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Colfax soars to win over rival Bear River (VIDEO)
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners struggle offensively, fall to Grizzlies
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River, Colfax face off in critical league bout
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: Junior Miners start fast, top Rio Linda
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union set to face Granite Bay at Hooper Stadium
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house