NU to recommend Houlihan for coaching job
May 20, 2013
Nevada Union principal Mike Blake said in an email that he will be reccomending to the school board that Dennis Houlihan become the next head coach of the NU varsity football team.
The move comes just 15 days after Dave Humphers announced his retirement.
On Friday, several candidates were interviewed for the head coaching position, some applicants being from the area and some out-of-towners, said Blake.
Houlihan is a former Miner, who once scored five touchdowns in a game and coached the junior varsity team last season.
At the junior varsity level, he led his team to a 5-5 record, including wins over Elk Grove, Del Oro and Granite Bay. Houlihan does bring head coaching experience having coached at Fallbrook High School in San Diego.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death