NU to recommend Houlihan for coaching job
May 20, 2013
Nevada Union principal Mike Blake said in an email that he will be reccomending to the school board that Dennis Houlihan become the next head coach of the NU varsity football team.
The move comes just 15 days after Dave Humphers announced his retirement.
On Friday, several candidates were interviewed for the head coaching position, some applicants being from the area and some out-of-towners, said Blake.
Houlihan is a former Miner, who once scored five touchdowns in a game and coached the junior varsity team last season.
At the junior varsity level, he led his team to a 5-5 record, including wins over Elk Grove, Del Oro and Granite Bay. Houlihan does bring head coaching experience having coached at Fallbrook High School in San Diego.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River set to clash with Colfax
- YOUTH BASKETBALL: Mount St. Mary’s earns Nevada County Small Schools tourney title
- Moule Paint and Glass’ Player of the Week: Tyler Nielson
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bear River tops Colfax in Pioneer Valley League bout
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union hits the road to grapple with Granite Bay