NU sending 5 wrestlers to Masters
February 22, 2013
The Miners took eight wrestlers to Divisionals Friday and Saturday and five of them placed to remain alive and will be heading to Masters this weekend.
Medalists from last week's Sierra Foothill League Tournament competed at Vintage High School in Napa with the top eight medalists advancing to the Stockton Arena for Masters. Leading the way for coach Gary Sumner's Miners was 138-pound divisional champion Jonny Callas.
Other qualifiers are Keaton Richards, who took sixth place at 120 pounds, Kashe McHugh who finished seventh in the 126 class, TJ Hart who also won seventh in the 195s and Nate Story who captured eighth place in the 220-pound weight class. The top six at Masters will qualify for the California state championships.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Josh Roenicke having strong season in Mexico
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier