NU sending 5 wrestlers to Masters
February 22, 2013
The Miners took eight wrestlers to Divisionals Friday and Saturday and five of them placed to remain alive and will be heading to Masters this weekend.
Medalists from last week's Sierra Foothill League Tournament competed at Vintage High School in Napa with the top eight medalists advancing to the Stockton Arena for Masters. Leading the way for coach Gary Sumner's Miners was 138-pound divisional champion Jonny Callas.
Other qualifiers are Keaton Richards, who took sixth place at 120 pounds, Kashe McHugh who finished seventh in the 126 class, TJ Hart who also won seventh in the 195s and Nate Story who captured eighth place in the 220-pound weight class. The top six at Masters will qualify for the California state championships.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial