NU sending 5 wrestlers to Masters
February 22, 2013
The Miners took eight wrestlers to Divisionals Friday and Saturday and five of them placed to remain alive and will be heading to Masters this weekend.
Medalists from last week’s Sierra Foothill League Tournament competed at Vintage High School in Napa with the top eight medalists advancing to the Stockton Arena for Masters. Leading the way for coach Gary Sumner’s Miners was 138-pound divisional champion Jonny Callas.
Other qualifiers are Keaton Richards, who took sixth place at 120 pounds, Kashe McHugh who finished seventh in the 126 class, TJ Hart who also won seventh in the 195s and Nate Story who captured eighth place in the 220-pound weight class. The top six at Masters will qualify for the California state championships.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bear River bests Lincoln on Senior Night
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Nora Pizzella shines as member of Chico State XC team
- PREP FOOTBALL: Colfax beats rival Bear River, 31-14
- PREP FOOTBALL: Granite Bay knocks off Nevada Union, 34-21
- OBITUARY: John “Jack” Robert Hughes leaves unifying legacy