NU sending 5 wrestlers to Masters
February 22, 2013
The Miners took eight wrestlers to Divisionals Friday and Saturday and five of them placed to remain alive and will be heading to Masters this weekend.
Medalists from last week's Sierra Foothill League Tournament competed at Vintage High School in Napa with the top eight medalists advancing to the Stockton Arena for Masters. Leading the way for coach Gary Sumner's Miners was 138-pound divisional champion Jonny Callas.
Other qualifiers are Keaton Richards, who took sixth place at 120 pounds, Kashe McHugh who finished seventh in the 126 class, TJ Hart who also won seventh in the 195s and Nate Story who captured eighth place in the 220-pound weight class. The top six at Masters will qualify for the California state championships.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- PREP PLAYOFF ROUNDUP: Bear River tops Calaveras, advances to semifinals
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian boys fall to Sac Adventist; FLC girls gear up for 2nd round mathcup with Valley Christian
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana