NU freshmen make junior olympic volleyball team
June 15, 2009
Four members of the Nevada Union 2009 Freshman Volleyball team have been selected to play on the Northern California Volleyball Club (NCVC) 15-year old Junior Olympic Team.
DT Grininger, Kyler Malarae, Alec Sarner and Roman Seghezzi will join 8 other players from the greater Sacramento Region to compete in the USA Volleyball Boys Junior Olympics Championships in the 15-1 division in Atlanta, this July.
The NCVC consists of 14 teams ages 14 through 18. It is under the direction of Meadow Vista resident Robert McNutt – two-time NCAA Division I National Champion and All American Graduate of Pepperdine University. The NCVC Boys Club is currently ranked among the top 20 clubs in the nation.
NCVC’s mission is to provide high level volleyball instruction and is part of the United States Volleyball Association. Top teams are formed to compete for open bids to the Junior Olympics ending with a Junior Olympic tournament in July.
The NCVC 15 year old team is ranked in the top 28 teams in the country.
In addition, this summer NCVC will be sending four boys’ teams to Atlanta as well. This roster includes a total of 10 Nevada Union boys in the 18, 16 and 15 age group divisions.
They are as follows:
Jason Adams, Justin Carroll, Corey George, Lucas Parker and Tyler Salcedo.
DT Grininger, Kyler Malarae, Alec Sarner and Roman Seghezzi.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- MOTO: Local rider Anson Maloney gears up for International Six Day Enduro race in France
- FORD: A look back at the Sacramento Kings’ best and worst draft day decisions
- CYCLING: Riekert wins mens pro race at 57th annual Nevada City Classic
- CYCLING: 57th annual Nevada City Classic will feature 2 days of events, festivities
- IN THE WAKE OF THE WEEK: Burns skates off with Norris Trophy; Iguodala to test free agency
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Shortage of construction workers in Nevada County reaching critical levels
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case