NU dives into record books
March 18, 2013
The NU dive team set two new school records in its first diving meet of the season Friday at home versus Rocklin.
Sophomore Mikaela Lujan scored 274.05 points and surpassed the six-dive-school record which she set last year by almost 50 points. She received scores of 7.5 on her full twisting one and one-half rotation dive and her inward one and one-half scored 6 or better. Jenny Jones took third place for the girls.
Austin Foote edged Adam Seifert to set a new varsity boys six-dive total with 227.05 points. Seifert also beat his best score from last year and previous school record with 221.3 points. Lloyd Tom finished in third place for boys. NU Freshman Josh Hartman won the boys junior varsity event.
The Miners host Granite Bay at 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- CROSSFIT: Shaun Havard, Will Havard gear up for 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations