NU dives into record books
March 18, 2013
The NU dive team set two new school records in its first diving meet of the season Friday at home versus Rocklin.
Sophomore Mikaela Lujan scored 274.05 points and surpassed the six-dive-school record which she set last year by almost 50 points. She received scores of 7.5 on her full twisting one and one-half rotation dive and her inward one and one-half scored 6 or better. Jenny Jones took third place for the girls.
Austin Foote edged Adam Seifert to set a new varsity boys six-dive total with 227.05 points. Seifert also beat his best score from last year and previous school record with 221.3 points. Lloyd Tom finished in third place for boys. NU Freshman Josh Hartman won the boys junior varsity event.
The Miners host Granite Bay at 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
Trending In: Sports
- Moule Paint and Glass’ Player of the Week: Tyler Nielson
- YOUTH BASKETBALL: Mount St. Mary’s earns Nevada County Small Schools tourney title
- CYCLING: Local shop owner builds life around biking
- PREP CROSS COUNTRY: Miners fare well at Roughrider Invitational
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Gridiron Miners make big impact at college level