NU dives into record books
March 18, 2013
The NU dive team set two new school records in its first diving meet of the season Friday at home versus Rocklin.
Sophomore Mikaela Lujan scored 274.05 points and surpassed the six-dive-school record which she set last year by almost 50 points. She received scores of 7.5 on her full twisting one and one-half rotation dive and her inward one and one-half scored 6 or better. Jenny Jones took third place for the girls.
Austin Foote edged Adam Seifert to set a new varsity boys six-dive total with 227.05 points. Seifert also beat his best score from last year and previous school record with 221.3 points. Lloyd Tom finished in third place for boys. NU Freshman Josh Hartman won the boys junior varsity event.
The Miners host Granite Bay at 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- NORDIC SKI: Lady Miners place 2nd at state championships
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian boys fall to Sac Adventist; FLC girls gear up for 2nd round mathcup with Valley Christian