NU dives into record books
March 18, 2013
The NU dive team set two new school records in its first diving meet of the season Friday at home versus Rocklin.
Sophomore Mikaela Lujan scored 274.05 points and surpassed the six-dive-school record which she set last year by almost 50 points. She received scores of 7.5 on her full twisting one and one-half rotation dive and her inward one and one-half scored 6 or better. Jenny Jones took third place for the girls.
Austin Foote edged Adam Seifert to set a new varsity boys six-dive total with 227.05 points. Seifert also beat his best score from last year and previous school record with 221.3 points. Lloyd Tom finished in third place for boys. NU Freshman Josh Hartman won the boys junior varsity event.
The Miners host Granite Bay at 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding