NU dives into record books
March 18, 2013
The NU dive team set two new school records in its first diving meet of the season Friday at home versus Rocklin.
Sophomore Mikaela Lujan scored 274.05 points and surpassed the six-dive-school record which she set last year by almost 50 points. She received scores of 7.5 on her full twisting one and one-half rotation dive and her inward one and one-half scored 6 or better. Jenny Jones took third place for the girls.
Austin Foote edged Adam Seifert to set a new varsity boys six-dive total with 227.05 points. Seifert also beat his best score from last year and previous school record with 221.3 points. Lloyd Tom finished in third place for boys. NU Freshman Josh Hartman won the boys junior varsity event.
The Miners host Granite Bay at 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Undefeated Bear River travels to El Dorado for final non-league bout
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union opens Sierra Foothill League play at Rocklin
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: Jr. Miners rally past Del Campo
- AIR RACES: Close contests highlight 54th annual Reno National Championship Air Races
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Koch, Cook help college teams to victory