NU boys baseball loses to Rocklin
April 14, 2013
Nevada Union's boys baseball team couldn't put the pieces together this weekend as it suffered its third consecutive loss to Rocklin in a tough 9-1 Sierra Foothill League game Saturday in Rocklin.
Joe Souza started on the mound for the Miners and pitched four innings, yielding four runs to the Thunder. Souza was relieved by Nick Eccarius and Garret O'Callaghan who closed out the game, allowing five runs. Offensively, Eccarius led the charge for NU going 3-for-4 at the dish. Travis Hansen collected the team's only RBI with a single as he finished 1-for-4 batting. The Miners scattered seven hits, all of which were singles. NU was outscored in the three-game series 24-6 and drops into a tie for fourth place with Roseville.
NU (7-8, 0-3 SFL) hosts Granite Bay in the first game of a three-game series beginning Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold athletes shine at National Masters Track and Field Championships
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union volleyball great Ali Daley McColloch ready for new challenge
- GOLF: Music in the Mountains tourney turns 25
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton