NU boys baseball loses to Rocklin
April 14, 2013
Nevada Union's boys baseball team couldn't put the pieces together this weekend as it suffered its third consecutive loss to Rocklin in a tough 9-1 Sierra Foothill League game Saturday in Rocklin.
Joe Souza started on the mound for the Miners and pitched four innings, yielding four runs to the Thunder. Souza was relieved by Nick Eccarius and Garret O'Callaghan who closed out the game, allowing five runs. Offensively, Eccarius led the charge for NU going 3-for-4 at the dish. Travis Hansen collected the team's only RBI with a single as he finished 1-for-4 batting. The Miners scattered seven hits, all of which were singles. NU was outscored in the three-game series 24-6 and drops into a tie for fourth place with Roseville.
NU (7-8, 0-3 SFL) hosts Granite Bay in the first game of a three-game series beginning Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Colfax soars to win over rival Bear River (VIDEO)
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners struggle to finish drives, fall to Grizzlies
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River, Colfax face off in critical league bout
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: Junior Miners start fast, top Rio Linda
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union set to face Granite Bay at Hooper Stadium
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site