NU boys baseball loses to Rocklin
April 14, 2013
Nevada Union's boys baseball team couldn't put the pieces together this weekend as it suffered its third consecutive loss to Rocklin in a tough 9-1 Sierra Foothill League game Saturday in Rocklin.
Joe Souza started on the mound for the Miners and pitched four innings, yielding four runs to the Thunder. Souza was relieved by Nick Eccarius and Garret O'Callaghan who closed out the game, allowing five runs. Offensively, Eccarius led the charge for NU going 3-for-4 at the dish. Travis Hansen collected the team's only RBI with a single as he finished 1-for-4 batting. The Miners scattered seven hits, all of which were singles. NU was outscored in the three-game series 24-6 and drops into a tie for fourth place with Roseville.
NU (7-8, 0-3 SFL) hosts Granite Bay in the first game of a three-game series beginning Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local