NU boys baseball loses to Rocklin
April 14, 2013
Nevada Union’s boys baseball team couldn’t put the pieces together this weekend as it suffered its third consecutive loss to Rocklin in a tough 9-1 Sierra Foothill League game Saturday in Rocklin.
Joe Souza started on the mound for the Miners and pitched four innings, yielding four runs to the Thunder. Souza was relieved by Nick Eccarius and Garret O’Callaghan who closed out the game, allowing five runs. Offensively, Eccarius led the charge for NU going 3-for-4 at the dish. Travis Hansen collected the team’s only RBI with a single as he finished 1-for-4 batting. The Miners scattered seven hits, all of which were singles. NU was outscored in the three-game series 24-6 and drops into a tie for fourth place with Roseville.
NU (7-8, 0-3 SFL) hosts Granite Bay in the first game of a three-game series beginning Tuesday.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bear River bests Lincoln on Senior Night
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Nora Pizzella shines as member of Chico State XC team
- PREP FOOTBALL: Granite Bay knocks off Nevada Union, 34-21
- PREP FOOTBALL: Colfax beats rival Bear River, 31-14
- OBITUARY: John “Jack” Robert Hughes leaves unifying legacy