NU boys baseball loses to Rocklin
April 14, 2013
Nevada Union's boys baseball team couldn't put the pieces together this weekend as it suffered its third consecutive loss to Rocklin in a tough 9-1 Sierra Foothill League game Saturday in Rocklin.
Joe Souza started on the mound for the Miners and pitched four innings, yielding four runs to the Thunder. Souza was relieved by Nick Eccarius and Garret O'Callaghan who closed out the game, allowing five runs. Offensively, Eccarius led the charge for NU going 3-for-4 at the dish. Travis Hansen collected the team's only RBI with a single as he finished 1-for-4 batting. The Miners scattered seven hits, all of which were singles. NU was outscored in the three-game series 24-6 and drops into a tie for fourth place with Roseville.
NU (7-8, 0-3 SFL) hosts Granite Bay in the first game of a three-game series beginning Tuesday.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers
- 25th Mardi Gras parade, celebration parties on in Nevada City despite rain
- Storm expected to pick up steam, drop 5-6 inches of rain through Tuesday