NU boys baseball loses to Rocklin
April 14, 2013
Nevada Union's boys baseball team couldn't put the pieces together this weekend as it suffered its third consecutive loss to Rocklin in a tough 9-1 Sierra Foothill League game Saturday in Rocklin.
Joe Souza started on the mound for the Miners and pitched four innings, yielding four runs to the Thunder. Souza was relieved by Nick Eccarius and Garret O'Callaghan who closed out the game, allowing five runs. Offensively, Eccarius led the charge for NU going 3-for-4 at the dish. Travis Hansen collected the team's only RBI with a single as he finished 1-for-4 batting. The Miners scattered seven hits, all of which were singles. NU was outscored in the three-game series 24-6 and drops into a tie for fourth place with Roseville.
NU (7-8, 0-3 SFL) hosts Granite Bay in the first game of a three-game series beginning Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County