NU boys baseball loses to Rocklin
April 14, 2013
Nevada Union's boys baseball team couldn't put the pieces together this weekend as it suffered its third consecutive loss to Rocklin in a tough 9-1 Sierra Foothill League game Saturday in Rocklin.
Joe Souza started on the mound for the Miners and pitched four innings, yielding four runs to the Thunder. Souza was relieved by Nick Eccarius and Garret O'Callaghan who closed out the game, allowing five runs. Offensively, Eccarius led the charge for NU going 3-for-4 at the dish. Travis Hansen collected the team's only RBI with a single as he finished 1-for-4 batting. The Miners scattered seven hits, all of which were singles. NU was outscored in the three-game series 24-6 and drops into a tie for fourth place with Roseville.
NU (7-8, 0-3 SFL) hosts Granite Bay in the first game of a three-game series beginning Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- CROSSFIT: Shaun Havard, Will Havard gear up for 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (VIDEO)