NSA swimmers compete at Speedo Invitational
July 21, 2013
This past week several talented year-round swimmers from Northern Sierra Aquatics, led by Bear River coach Daryn Glasgow, competed at the Speedo Invitational in Santa Clarita and several placed well.
On Wednesday, Bear River senior Hayley Winter took fifth in the 800 free with a time of 9 minutes, 5 seconds. In the pool on Thursday, the team had three finalists, Bear River 2013 alumnus Austin Diemer who swam the 200 breast in 2:27.37, Bear River junior Shane Anderson came in 20th in the 100 free at 53.37, and Bear River 2012 alumnus and swimmer for UNLV Dillon Virva took 24th in the 100 free with a mark of 54.26.
In Friday's events, Winter took 22nd in the 200 free at 2:08.96 and moved ahead as the team's points leader with 28. Anderson finished 13th in the 200 free with a time of 1:56.30, and Diemer came in 30th at 1:58.16. The 800 free relay team of Kendall Pawlowski, Diemer, Anderson and Jack Herron also swam to an 11th place finish.
For Saturday, Virva won fourth in the 50 free while Seth Derrick finished 24th. Winter stroked her way to eighth in the 400 free and in the 400 free relay (A) the team of Anderson, Virva, Derrick and Diemer finished seventh.
Wrapping up on Sunday, it was Winter finishing seventh in the 1500 and Herron taking 25th in the 100 fly.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Josh Roenicke having strong season in Mexico
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- COMMUNITY BASKETBALL: Area 51 claims B1 title
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier