NID Hosts Youth Triathlon at Rollins Reservoir
April 4, 2014
The Nevada Irrigation District will host its first Kid's Triathlon May 31, at the Orchard Springs Campground at Rollins Reservoir.
NID Recreation Manager Peggy Davidson, an avid runner, said it is the first youth triathlon to be held in the local area and that three advance clinics are being offered to help young participants train for the event.
The triathlon includes two age divisions. Youngsters ages 6-10 will swim 50 meters, bike four miles and run one mile. Ages 11-15 will swim 150 meters, bike four miles and run one mile.
The advance clinics include an informational meeting April 10, a swim-bike-run training April 24 and a transition practice May 15. Each session begins at 6 p.m. at the Orchard Springs Campground.
Volunteers from the Gold Country Triathlon Club are helping organize and staff the clinics and event.
Entry fee is $30 per participant until April 27 and then $40 until May 30. There is no race day registration. Race day check-in opens at 6:30 a.m. and the event starts promptly at 7:30 a.m. Competitors will receive an event T-shirt and finisher medal.
For information and registration, write firstname.lastname@example.org. or call the NID Recreation Dept. office at 530-265-8861.
Trending In: Sports
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance