NID Hosts Youth Triathlon at Rollins Reservoir
April 4, 2014
The Nevada Irrigation District will host its first Kid's Triathlon May 31, at the Orchard Springs Campground at Rollins Reservoir.
NID Recreation Manager Peggy Davidson, an avid runner, said it is the first youth triathlon to be held in the local area and that three advance clinics are being offered to help young participants train for the event.
The triathlon includes two age divisions. Youngsters ages 6-10 will swim 50 meters, bike four miles and run one mile. Ages 11-15 will swim 150 meters, bike four miles and run one mile.
The advance clinics include an informational meeting April 10, a swim-bike-run training April 24 and a transition practice May 15. Each session begins at 6 p.m. at the Orchard Springs Campground.
Volunteers from the Gold Country Triathlon Club are helping organize and staff the clinics and event.
Entry fee is $30 per participant until April 27 and then $40 until May 30. There is no race day registration. Race day check-in opens at 6:30 a.m. and the event starts promptly at 7:30 a.m. Competitors will receive an event T-shirt and finisher medal.
For information and registration, write firstname.lastname@example.org. or call the NID Recreation Dept. office at 530-265-8861.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County