NID Hosts Youth Triathlon at Rollins Reservoir
April 4, 2014
The Nevada Irrigation District will host its first Kid's Triathlon May 31, at the Orchard Springs Campground at Rollins Reservoir.
NID Recreation Manager Peggy Davidson, an avid runner, said it is the first youth triathlon to be held in the local area and that three advance clinics are being offered to help young participants train for the event.
The triathlon includes two age divisions. Youngsters ages 6-10 will swim 50 meters, bike four miles and run one mile. Ages 11-15 will swim 150 meters, bike four miles and run one mile.
The advance clinics include an informational meeting April 10, a swim-bike-run training April 24 and a transition practice May 15. Each session begins at 6 p.m. at the Orchard Springs Campground.
Volunteers from the Gold Country Triathlon Club are helping organize and staff the clinics and event.
Entry fee is $30 per participant until April 27 and then $40 until May 30. There is no race day registration. Race day check-in opens at 6:30 a.m. and the event starts promptly at 7:30 a.m. Competitors will receive an event T-shirt and finisher medal.
For information and registration, write email@example.com. or call the NID Recreation Dept. office at 530-265-8861.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP PLAYOFF ROUNDUP: Bear River tops Calaveras, advances to semifinals
- PREP WRESTLING: Bear River’s Danieli, Carpenter set for Masters
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- PREP WRESTLING: Q&A with NU’s Cole Johnson
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana