Nevada Union seniors raise $5K for Free the Children Organization
April 24, 2013
As a high school senior project Miguel Espinosa, Austin Marks, Kelsie Davey and Katherine Magill held a fundraiser for Free the Children Organization.
On March 9, they conducted 12-Hours of Fitness at Gold Country Gymnastics.
They invited participants to come and learn how fitness can be fun. Fitness instructors, including Fusion by Dawn Ryley, Kettle bells by Eric Kenyon, and Crossfit Gold Rush by Andi and Jesse Hodorowski came to demonstrate different types of exercise.
The seniors also played fun fitness games with the participants and enjoyed healthy snacks and dinner.
The seniors raised $1,000 to add to a previous $4,000. the seniors will be sending $5,000 to Free the Children to build a water project in Sierra Leone, Africa.
A special thanks from the seniors goes out to the events participants and sponsors, Nevada County Mortgage, State Farm Mike Bratton, Gold Country Gymnastics, Barry Pruett, and Arrow Mountain Screen Printing.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Colfax soars to win over rival Bear River (VIDEO)
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners struggle to finish drives, fall to Grizzlies
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River, Colfax face off in critical league bout
- PREP CROSS COUNTRY: Gough, Nevada Union enjoying stellar season
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Lady Miners sweep Rocklin on Pink Night (VIDEO)