Nevada Union seniors raise $5K for Free the Children Organization
April 24, 2013
As a high school senior project Miguel Espinosa, Austin Marks, Kelsie Davey and Katherine Magill held a fundraiser for Free the Children Organization.
On March 9, they conducted 12-Hours of Fitness at Gold Country Gymnastics.
They invited participants to come and learn how fitness can be fun. Fitness instructors, including Fusion by Dawn Ryley, Kettle bells by Eric Kenyon, and Crossfit Gold Rush by Andi and Jesse Hodorowski came to demonstrate different types of exercise.
The seniors also played fun fitness games with the participants and enjoyed healthy snacks and dinner.
The seniors raised $1,000 to add to a previous $4,000. the seniors will be sending $5,000 to Free the Children to build a water project in Sierra Leone, Africa.
A special thanks from the seniors goes out to the events participants and sponsors, Nevada County Mortgage, State Farm Mike Bratton, Gold Country Gymnastics, Barry Pruett, and Arrow Mountain Screen Printing.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- FORD: A look back at the Sacramento Kings’ best and worst draft day decisions
- MOTO: Local rider Anson Maloney gears up for International Six Day Enduro race in France
- CYCLING: Riekert wins mens pro race at 57th annual Nevada City Classic
- INDYCAR: Alexander Rossi unveils new line of merchandise
- NBA DRAFT: Kings take De’Aaron Fox, Justin Jackson and Harry Giles in 1st round
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)