Nevada Union seniors raise $5K for Free the Children Organization
April 24, 2013
As a high school senior project Miguel Espinosa, Austin Marks, Kelsie Davey and Katherine Magill held a fundraiser for Free the Children Organization.
On March 9, they conducted 12-Hours of Fitness at Gold Country Gymnastics.
They invited participants to come and learn how fitness can be fun. Fitness instructors, including Fusion by Dawn Ryley, Kettle bells by Eric Kenyon, and Crossfit Gold Rush by Andi and Jesse Hodorowski came to demonstrate different types of exercise.
The seniors also played fun fitness games with the participants and enjoyed healthy snacks and dinner.
The seniors raised $1,000 to add to a previous $4,000. the seniors will be sending $5,000 to Free the Children to build a water project in Sierra Leone, Africa.
A special thanks from the seniors goes out to the events participants and sponsors, Nevada County Mortgage, State Farm Mike Bratton, Gold Country Gymnastics, Barry Pruett, and Arrow Mountain Screen Printing.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- CROSSFIT: Shaun Havard, Will Havard gear up for 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (VIDEO)