Nevada Union loses rubber match versus Del Oro
April 28, 2013
The Nevada Union baseball squad hung tough through five innings Saturday at Del Oro but surrendered a few runs late and lost the rubber match of the three-game series 5-2.
For the Miners, it was Joey Souza getting the start, pitching six innings allowing four runs and five hits while striking out three and walking just one. Nick Eccarius came in as relief. The game was tied 1-1 headed to the sixth inning, but Del Oro scored three runs and NU only added one more. Cody Gardner led the offensive attack for NU going 2-for-3 at the plate with a an RBI. Souza also came up with a pair of hits finishing 2-for-3. Ryan McCarthy was a perfect 2-for-2 at the dish and Dylan Conger also picked up an RBI.
NU (9-11, 2-6 SFL) looks to break up a three-way tie at the bottom of the Sierra Foothill League standings when it hosts Roseville for a three-game series beginning Tuesday.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River set to clash with Colfax
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union hits the road to grapple with Granite Bay
- YOUTH BASKETBALL: Mount St. Mary’s earns Nevada County Small Schools tourney title
- Moule Paint and Glass’ Player of the Week: Tyler Nielson
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bear River tops Colfax in Pioneer Valley League bout