Nevada Union graduate Heppe wraps volleyball season on conference 1st team
December 18, 2013
SWARTHMORE, Pa, — Madison Heppe, a Nevada Union graduate and sophomore on the Swarthmore College volleyball team, was named to the All-Centennial Conference first team after leading the Garnet to a berth in the ECAC Southeast semifinal and its fifth consecutive winning season.
Heppe, a libero, is the seventh player in program history to be named to the conference’s first team. She led the Centennial Conference in digs per set (4.85) and was part of a Garnet unit that finished the season ranked No. 9 nationally in that same category with 19.52. After joining the American Volleyball Coaches Association 30-dig club twice in 2012, Heppe earned two more spots in 2013 with 32 digs in a five-set victory over Messiah and 34 in a 3-1 win over Catholic.
Swarthmore College, which competes at the NCAA Division III level as a member of the Centennial Conference, is a highly selective college of liberal arts and engineering institution that is located just 11 miles from Philadelphia. It was most recently named the sixth-best college in the country by Forbes and is also ranked third among National Liberal Arts Colleges by U.S. News.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- PREP WRESTLING: 2 Bruins claim DIV championships
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers