Nevada Union graduate Heppe wraps volleyball season on conference 1st team
December 18, 2013
SWARTHMORE, Pa, — Madison Heppe, a Nevada Union graduate and sophomore on the Swarthmore College volleyball team, was named to the All-Centennial Conference first team after leading the Garnet to a berth in the ECAC Southeast semifinal and its fifth consecutive winning season.
Heppe, a libero, is the seventh player in program history to be named to the conference's first team. She led the Centennial Conference in digs per set (4.85) and was part of a Garnet unit that finished the season ranked No. 9 nationally in that same category with 19.52. After joining the American Volleyball Coaches Association 30-dig club twice in 2012, Heppe earned two more spots in 2013 with 32 digs in a five-set victory over Messiah and 34 in a 3-1 win over Catholic.
Swarthmore College, which competes at the NCAA Division III level as a member of the Centennial Conference, is a highly selective college of liberal arts and engineering institution that is located just 11 miles from Philadelphia. It was most recently named the sixth-best college in the country by Forbes and is also ranked third among National Liberal Arts Colleges by U.S. News.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Lady Miners enjoying best season in years, set to face Rocklin on Pink Night
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union blanked by Bulldogs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Nora Pizzella helps Chico State XC to 2nd place finish in Washington
- IN THE WAKE OF THE WEEK: Humphers now in the 200 club; NBA hoops coming soon
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River rallies late, edges Foothill for 1st league win (VIDEO)