Nevada Union baseball tops Yuba City
March 15, 2013
The Nevada Union baseball team improved to 4-1 in non-league competition Friday with a 3-0 victory over the Yuba City Honkers.
The Miners got a stellar outing on the mound from senior Ryan McCarthy. The 6-foot, 3-inch righty threw six innings, striking out five. walking one and allowing six hits.
The win puts McCarthy at 2-0 this season in three starts.
Nick Eccarius took the mound in the seventh and tallied his second save of the week for NU.
The Miners got on the board in the first inning with a 2-run double by Travis Hansen, and added another run in the fourth on a Dylan Conger base knock.
The Miners will look to keep the wins coming at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday when they host Del Campo.
FLC 7, Highlands 2
The Forest Lake Christian Tennis team hasn't missed a step this season, improving to 3-0 with a Friday home victory over Highlands.
Brandon Young and Megan Johnson took the mixed doubles match 10-5. FLC's No. 2 boy Ralph Foliente topped Chai Salle in straight sets 6-4, 6-3, and FLC's No. 2 girl Megan Gauthier won her match against Floura Muhammed-Husain in two sets, 6-3, 6-1.
The Falcons will look to stay perfect Tuesday when they travel to Golden Sierra.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local