Nevada Union baseball tops Yuba City
March 15, 2013
The Nevada Union baseball team improved to 4-1 in non-league competition Friday with a 3-0 victory over the Yuba City Honkers.
The Miners got a stellar outing on the mound from senior Ryan McCarthy. The 6-foot, 3-inch righty threw six innings, striking out five. walking one and allowing six hits.
The win puts McCarthy at 2-0 this season in three starts.
Nick Eccarius took the mound in the seventh and tallied his second save of the week for NU.
The Miners got on the board in the first inning with a 2-run double by Travis Hansen, and added another run in the fourth on a Dylan Conger base knock.
The Miners will look to keep the wins coming at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday when they host Del Campo.
FLC 7, Highlands 2
The Forest Lake Christian Tennis team hasn't missed a step this season, improving to 3-0 with a Friday home victory over Highlands.
Brandon Young and Megan Johnson took the mixed doubles match 10-5. FLC's No. 2 boy Ralph Foliente topped Chai Salle in straight sets 6-4, 6-3, and FLC's No. 2 girl Megan Gauthier won her match against Floura Muhammed-Husain in two sets, 6-3, 6-1.
The Falcons will look to stay perfect Tuesday when they travel to Golden Sierra.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claw way to tourney title
- PREP SOFTBALL: Bear River Lady Bruins bring hot bats into next round of playoffs
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death