Nevada Union baseball drops rubber match with Del Oro
April 27, 2014
The Nevada Union baseball team took another Sierra Foothill League loss Saturday, falling to Del Oro, 6-4, in a make-up game.
With the win Del Oro takes the season series with NU, 2-1.
The Miners' Joey Souza pitched well and took a 3-1 lead into the fourth inning, but that's when the wheels went off defensively for NU.
In the fourth inning alone, the Miners yielded five unearned runs to give the Golden Eagles the lead. In all Nevada Union committed five errors.
From the plate, NU was led by Sammy Powell with a apir of RBIs, one coming on a base hit and the other from a sacrifice fly. Souza and Tristan Cook both had doubles in the game.
The Miners (6-13, 2-7 SFL) will get back at it today when they travel to Roseville to face the Tigers.
Frosh: Nevada Union 4,
Del Oro 1
The Miners completed a three-game sweep of Del Oro Saturday.
NU's Wyatt Curtis threw a complete game three-hitter and helped his own cause with a two-RBI single with the bases loaded.
Ben Powell added a 1-for-2 day with an RBI, and Sam Hopper and Andrew Link each contributed two hits in the win.
The Miners face Roseville three times this week, starting Tuesday.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial