Nevada Union baseball drops rubber match with Del Oro
April 27, 2014
The Nevada Union baseball team took another Sierra Foothill League loss Saturday, falling to Del Oro, 6-4, in a make-up game.
With the win Del Oro takes the season series with NU, 2-1.
The Miners' Joey Souza pitched well and took a 3-1 lead into the fourth inning, but that's when the wheels went off defensively for NU.
In the fourth inning alone, the Miners yielded five unearned runs to give the Golden Eagles the lead. In all Nevada Union committed five errors.
From the plate, NU was led by Sammy Powell with a apir of RBIs, one coming on a base hit and the other from a sacrifice fly. Souza and Tristan Cook both had doubles in the game.
The Miners (6-13, 2-7 SFL) will get back at it today when they travel to Roseville to face the Tigers.
Frosh: Nevada Union 4,
Del Oro 1
The Miners completed a three-game sweep of Del Oro Saturday.
NU's Wyatt Curtis threw a complete game three-hitter and helped his own cause with a two-RBI single with the bases loaded.
Ben Powell added a 1-for-2 day with an RBI, and Sam Hopper and Andrew Link each contributed two hits in the win.
The Miners face Roseville three times this week, starting Tuesday.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths