Nevada Union Athletics Hall of Fame still accepting nominations for 2017 class
November 29, 2016
Nevada Union's Athletics Department is still accepting nominees for the 2017 Nevada Union Athletic Hall of Fame class.
This special honor recognizes members of the Nevada Union family who distinguished themselves as outstanding contributors to NU athletics (and possibly beyond), by demonstrating an ongoing commitment to and promotion of athletic excellence, character values and good sportsmanship.
Nevada Union Athletic Hall of Fame nominees will be considered primarily on their achievements as high school student athletes, or in the instance of community members, their contribution to Nevada Union High School and/or its athletic program. Additional consideration will be given to achievements beyond high school.
This year's Hall of Fame class will recognize nominees that graduated from, coached at or contributed to Nevada Union between 1953 and 1989. Character values, during and after their high school years will be a major consideration.
To submit a nomination, please visit the Nevada Union website http://nevadaunion.njuhsd.com, click on the "Athletics" link, then click on the "Athletics Hall of Fame" link to find the nomination form, or call Nevada Union High School Athletics at 530-273-4431 ext. 2017 and request that an application be mailed to you.
For nomination guidelines click here.
For a nomination form click here.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River, Nevada Union and FLC grads making impact at the next levels
- Nevada Union baseball team comes from behind to beat Folsom
- PREP TRACK AND FIELD: Miners shine at multiple meets
- NEVADA UNION ATHLETICS HALL OF FAME CLASS OF 2017: Armin Anderson
- NEVADA UNION ATHLETICS HALL OF FAME CLASS OF 2017: Dennis Houlihan
- Gang member hits victim with gun in downtown Grass Valley, police say
- Nevada County authorities say missing girl is found in Combie Road honey oil bust
- Former Nevada Union student killed in Ojai rollover crash
- 19-year-olds take ownership of Paradise Donuts
- Free floating: Nevada County business offers the healing benefits of doing nothing (VIDEO)