Nevada Union alpine team takes on slushy Sugar Bowl
February 15, 2014
The Nevada Union Alpine ski team braved the rain and slush at Sugar Bowl Thursday to compete in the final divisional slalom race of the season.
With eight gates of visibility and snow just barely hard enough to race on, the Miners took to the mountain for a one-run slalom race to conclude the season in time for the race to be counted toward the state competition.
Despite the adverse conditions and amended format, Nevada Union finished in second place as a team.
In the boys race, Ethan Good led the Miners with a third-place finish in a time of 51.99 seconds. The next Miner to place was Caspar Hendrickson in ninth with a time of 54.96. Josh Harris was 11th for NU with a time of 56.29, and Joe Fenner finished 14th with a time of 59.78.
In the girls competition, Emma Stratman led the way for NU with a fifth place finish in a time of 50.20. Katie King was next for NU with a seventh place finish in a time of 56.35. Mikaela Lujan made it three Lady miners in the top-10 with her 10th place time of 59.30. Rounding things out for NU was Tori Newman in 15th in a time of 1:03.01.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232. deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts