Nevada county Country Club hosts Independence Day Golf Tournament
July 8, 2014
Nevada County Country Club held their annual Independence Day Golf Tournament and barbecue July 5 as teams competed for the top prizes in men’s and couples flights.
The tournament featured a format that used a different number of scores per hole based on whether the pin flag was red, white or blue.
Dave Hood and Carolyn Michelsen, along with Donna and Dave Carter put together the winning combination to take first place in the couples flight, winning in a tie-breaker over the team of Bob and Maggie Flecksteiner, Dan Triano and Bonnie Marvelli.
Third place went to Steve Adams, Sharon Reeder, Don Curry and Lisa Curry. Jim and Bobbie Heard along with Mel and Pat Gaddis took fourth place.
In the men’s flight, the team of Frank Davis, Ted Callison, Bill Thompson and Dan Johnson took the top honors. Second place went to Ron Keeling, Dave Koslosky, Dave Almassy and Jorgen Jensen. John Murray, Mike Railey, Brian Quinn and Scott Byous came home in third, followed by Don Crow, Jim Helzer, Bob DeMers and Paul Silva in fourth.
Closest to the Pin contests were won by Pat Tremewan and Steve Adams (on hole No. 2) and Carolyn Michelsen and Ted Callison (on hole No. 5).
After golf, players enjoyed a tri-tip barbecue lunch prepared by members Chris Beresford, Sue Gross, Judy Crow and Susan Schoppe.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location