NC Dirt Classic rides rough on Pioneer, Hallelujah tails
July 1, 2013
Fifty mountain bikers came out to tame the trails among the woods for the Nevada City Dirt Classic XC Series hosted last Wednesday at the Pioneer and Hallelujah trails in Nevada City. This was the second of three races for the Classic and featured a 5.7-mile course through United States Forest Service land.
Pro racer and local resident Jason Moeschler won the Men’s Pro race as he completed all four laps with a time of one hour, 52 minutes, 59 seconds to beat out his closest competitor by three minutes, 22 seconds.
Race winners included Hollie McGovern, Antonio Miranda, Dan Sovereign, Alec Crofoot, Leah Lokan, Brian Harasha, Andrew McVicker, Joe Shelbuurne, Thomas Wood, William Dunkum, Erik Haight, Sean Johnston, Forrest Willaims, Matt Keating, Gavin Elais and Josh Hughes. Cateogires included Professional, Expert/Semi Pro (Cat 1), Sport (Cat 2) and Beginner (Cat 3).
Races were open to all ages and skill levels as riders came from near and far. Cities represented included Aptos, Auburn, Berkeley, Camptonville, Carson City, Calpine, Chico, Cool, El Dorado Hills, Fairfield, Folsom, Grass Valley, Maukin-Louisiana, Nevada City, Penn Valley, Sacramento and San Francisco.
For information on the NC Dirt Classic, visit http://ybonc.org/events/dirt-classic/.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- PREP WRESTLING: 2 Bruins claim DIV championships
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers