NC Dirt Classic rides rough on Pioneer, Hallelujah tails
July 1, 2013
Fifty mountain bikers came out to tame the trails among the woods for the Nevada City Dirt Classic XC Series hosted last Wednesday at the Pioneer and Hallelujah trails in Nevada City. This was the second of three races for the Classic and featured a 5.7-mile course through United States Forest Service land.
Pro racer and local resident Jason Moeschler won the Men's Pro race as he completed all four laps with a time of one hour, 52 minutes, 59 seconds to beat out his closest competitor by three minutes, 22 seconds.
Race winners included Hollie McGovern, Antonio Miranda, Dan Sovereign, Alec Crofoot, Leah Lokan, Brian Harasha, Andrew McVicker, Joe Shelbuurne, Thomas Wood, William Dunkum, Erik Haight, Sean Johnston, Forrest Willaims, Matt Keating, Gavin Elais and Josh Hughes. Cateogires included Professional, Expert/Semi Pro (Cat 1), Sport (Cat 2) and Beginner (Cat 3).
Races were open to all ages and skill levels as riders came from near and far. Cities represented included Aptos, Auburn, Berkeley, Camptonville, Carson City, Calpine, Chico, Cool, El Dorado Hills, Fairfield, Folsom, Grass Valley, Maukin-Louisiana, Nevada City, Penn Valley, Sacramento and San Francisco.
For information on the NC Dirt Classic, visit http://ybonc.org/events/dirt-classic/.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- CROSSFIT: Shaun Havard, Will Havard gear up for 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations