Miners win gold medals at tourney
February 9, 2013
Nevada Union took four of its wrestlers to Mission San Jose for a weekend tournament and came back with two champions, including a ninth place team finish out of 78 teams.
Keaton Richards faced some quality opponents and showed great toughness, but was knocked out on the first day. Sawyer Mosel went 4-2 winning matches on the second day to finish in the top 12. Jonny Callas and Will Sumner had very close and exciting finals matches as they dug deep and won gold medals.
Nevada Union will now gear up for the Sierra Foothill League tournament at Woodcreek High School Saturday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Colfax soars to win over rival Bear River (VIDEO)
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners struggle to finish drives, fall to Grizzlies
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River, Colfax face off in critical league bout
- PREP CROSS COUNTRY: Gough, Nevada Union enjoying stellar season
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Lady Miners sweep Rocklin on Pink Night (VIDEO)
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation