Miners win gold medals at tourney
February 9, 2013
Nevada Union took four of its wrestlers to Mission San Jose for a weekend tournament and came back with two champions, including a ninth place team finish out of 78 teams.
Keaton Richards faced some quality opponents and showed great toughness, but was knocked out on the first day. Sawyer Mosel went 4-2 winning matches on the second day to finish in the top 12. Jonny Callas and Will Sumner had very close and exciting finals matches as they dug deep and won gold medals.
Nevada Union will now gear up for the Sierra Foothill League tournament at Woodcreek High School Saturday.
Trending In: Sports
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Starnes, Nattrass lead impressive showing at South Western Championships
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alumnus Logan Lowe wins 1st collegiate tourney
- PREP ROUNDUP: Miners impress at LeFebvre Relays
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union volleyball tops Folsom for 5th straight win
- PREP BASEBALL: Bear River honors Joe Rantz at home opener
- Serious drug charges dropped after tests show suspected cocaine was flour
- Rickie Lynn Abel’s memorial service set for Saturday
- Shooter at large after shooting at Monterey County school
- Mural proposed for downtown Grass Valley faces hurdles
- Nevada County authorities say Lincoln man shot arrow at his victim