Miners pin Grizzlies
January 15, 2013
The Nevada Union wrestling team kept its Sierra Foothill League record clean Wednesday with a 42-36 victory over Granite Bay.
The contest opened with an exciting victory by Hap Rowe in the 106-pound weight class. Team captain Sawyer Mosel followed with a pin to win his weight class, and Will Sumner won the 160-pound weight class with a pin.
Other Miners that won with pins were Raphael Rodriguez, Kashe McHugh, and Jonny Callas.
Keaton Richards added to the Miner win total, taking his match by decision.
"This feels good," NU coach Gary Sumner said. "We have not beaten Granite Bay in several years."
With the win the Miners are 2-0 in league duals, and will look to pin down their third victory Wednesday against Woodcreek.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- NORDIC SKI: Lady Miners place 2nd at state championships
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs