Miners pin Grizzlies
January 15, 2013
The Nevada Union wrestling team kept its Sierra Foothill League record clean Wednesday with a 42-36 victory over Granite Bay.
The contest opened with an exciting victory by Hap Rowe in the 106-pound weight class. Team captain Sawyer Mosel followed with a pin to win his weight class, and Will Sumner won the 160-pound weight class with a pin.
Other Miners that won with pins were Raphael Rodriguez, Kashe McHugh, and Jonny Callas.
Keaton Richards added to the Miner win total, taking his match by decision.
"This feels good," NU coach Gary Sumner said. "We have not beaten Granite Bay in several years."
With the win the Miners are 2-0 in league duals, and will look to pin down their third victory Wednesday against Woodcreek.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier