Miners pin Grizzlies
January 15, 2013
The Nevada Union wrestling team kept its Sierra Foothill League record clean Wednesday with a 42-36 victory over Granite Bay.
The contest opened with an exciting victory by Hap Rowe in the 106-pound weight class. Team captain Sawyer Mosel followed with a pin to win his weight class, and Will Sumner won the 160-pound weight class with a pin.
Other Miners that won with pins were Raphael Rodriguez, Kashe McHugh, and Jonny Callas.
Keaton Richards added to the Miner win total, taking his match by decision.
"This feels good," NU coach Gary Sumner said. "We have not beaten Granite Bay in several years."
With the win the Miners are 2-0 in league duals, and will look to pin down their third victory Wednesday against Woodcreek.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- TRACK & FIELD: Sierra Gold athletes shine at National Masters Track and Field Championships
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union volleyball great Ali Daley McColloch ready for new challenge
- GOLF: Music in the Mountains tourney turns 25
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton