Miners pin Grizzlies
January 15, 2013
The Nevada Union wrestling team kept its Sierra Foothill League record clean Wednesday with a 42-36 victory over Granite Bay.
The contest opened with an exciting victory by Hap Rowe in the 106-pound weight class. Team captain Sawyer Mosel followed with a pin to win his weight class, and Will Sumner won the 160-pound weight class with a pin.
Other Miners that won with pins were Raphael Rodriguez, Kashe McHugh, and Jonny Callas.
Keaton Richards added to the Miner win total, taking his match by decision.
"This feels good," NU coach Gary Sumner said. "We have not beaten Granite Bay in several years."
With the win the Miners are 2-0 in league duals, and will look to pin down their third victory Wednesday against Woodcreek.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union blanked by Bulldogs
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Lady Miners enjoying best season in years, set to face Rocklin on Pink Night
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Nora Pizzella helps Chico State XC to 2nd place finish in Washington
- IN THE WAKE OF THE WEEK: Humphers now in the 200 club; NBA hoops coming soon
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River rallies late, edges Foothill for 1st league win (VIDEO)